Around Town: Mini Lady Gaga, Brit Rock, French Pop, and Calle Ocho
Miami offers an array of options this weekend: the last indie flicks of the film festival, miniature pop stars, open-air art walks, and America's largest street party. Winter Music Conference begins March 23, so shine your dancing shoes and save your pennies.
- UK rockers the Wave Pictures play the Vagabond. And according to our writer, their sound is all pining and heartbreak -- in a good way.
- Lady Gaga pulled in crowds for not one, but two Miami New Year's Eve bashes. If you're still miffed about missing those shows, check out Mini Lady Gaga at Mansion. She used to impersonate Britney Spears, but the little lady now performs as Gaga.
- Break into the Guinness a few days early. There's a St. Patrick's Day Festival in Coral Gables!
- It's the second Saturday in March, so take to the streets of Wynwood for the monthly art walk. Be sure to stop at the galleries our art critic recommends.
- Cue the Moog -- France's Air
will play the Fillmore this Saturday. The duo's recent album hasn't won
over critics, so here's hoping the pair brings some of that Talkie Walkie goodness.
- The largest street party in America happens this weekend in our very own Little Havana -- Calle Ocho! This year, Pitbull is the main draw, but
check our rundown of who else will play.
- Rest your weary bones after a day on SW Eighth Street at a screening of the Oscar-nominated The Milk of Sorrow, the last feature of the film festival. Watch the trailer below.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.