Arizona, The Worst NCAA Tourney Bid Ever, Headed To Miami
Yet somehow the geniuses running the NCAA selection committee added up these facts and decided that the Arizona Wildcats deserved a bid to their hallowed 64-team tournament, which apparently no longer accepts mid-major schools.
Naturally, they assigned the Wildcats to Miami, where we all will now have the pleasure of watching a boring PAC-10 also-ran get blown out by Utah, instead of watching a St. Mary's Gaels team with legitimate international superstar guard Patty Mills.
The decision was enough to leave Dick Vitale gurgling bile and on the verge of an aneurysm on ESPN as every other talking head shouted him down about why it's OK that mid-majors only earned 4 measly at-large bids to the tourney this year. And Dick Vitale as the voice of reason is one of the modern four horsemen.
Check out the full bracket and the Miami matchups after the jump.
And your Miami matchups:
(3) Syracuse v. (14) Stephen F. Austin, 3/20, 12:15 p.m.
(6) Arizona State v. (11) Temple, 3/20, 2:45 p.m.
(5) Utah v. (12) Arizona: 3/20, 7:10 p.m.
(4) Wake Forest v. (13) Cleveland State: 3/20, 9:40 p.m.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying To Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan
- Miami Beach Police Stop Horrific Rape Attempt on Septuagenarian Woman