Arizona, The Worst NCAA Tourney Bid Ever, Headed To Miami
Yet somehow the geniuses running the NCAA selection committee added up these facts and decided that the Arizona Wildcats deserved a bid to their hallowed 64-team tournament, which apparently no longer accepts mid-major schools.
Naturally, they assigned the Wildcats to Miami, where we all will now have the pleasure of watching a boring PAC-10 also-ran get blown out by Utah, instead of watching a St. Mary's Gaels team with legitimate international superstar guard Patty Mills.
The decision was enough to leave Dick Vitale gurgling bile and on the verge of an aneurysm on ESPN as every other talking head shouted him down about why it's OK that mid-majors only earned 4 measly at-large bids to the tourney this year. And Dick Vitale as the voice of reason is one of the modern four horsemen.
Check out the full bracket and the Miami matchups after the jump.
And your Miami matchups:
(3) Syracuse v. (14) Stephen F. Austin, 3/20, 12:15 p.m.
(6) Arizona State v. (11) Temple, 3/20, 2:45 p.m.
(5) Utah v. (12) Arizona: 3/20, 7:10 p.m.
(4) Wake Forest v. (13) Cleveland State: 3/20, 9:40 p.m.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami Developer to Give Gov. Rick Scott Environmentalist Award
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Luther Campbell: "This Book Is Just a Reflection of Me"
- Luther Campbell on the Rise of 2 Live Crew