Anti-Semitic Incidents on the Rise in Florida
After several years of decline, the Anti-Defamation League reports anti-Semitism is back on the rise in Florida. The group's annual Audit of Anti-Semitic Incidents report shows that more than 10 percent of anti-Semitic incidents in the nation in 2010 occurred in Florida and that the number of incidents rose in Florida by 28 percent since 2009.
The incidents were broken down into three categories:
- 86 incidents of anti-Semitic harassment, up from 63 in 2009
- 28 cases of anti-Semitic vandalism, up from 24 in 2009
- 2 physical assaults on Jewish individuals in Florida, down from 3 in 2009
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Poll: Florida's Senate Race Is Still a Wide-Open Mess
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- 80-Yeard-Old Miami Man Stabs Wife to Death, Drives to Publix to Report It
- Heat Trades Napier and Shops Birdman and Chalmers, While Mike Miller Wants to Return