Anti-Semitic Incidents on the Rise in Florida
After several years of decline, the Anti-Defamation League reports anti-Semitism is back on the rise in Florida. The group's annual Audit of Anti-Semitic Incidents report shows that more than 10 percent of anti-Semitic incidents in the nation in 2010 occurred in Florida and that the number of incidents rose in Florida by 28 percent since 2009.
The incidents were broken down into three categories:
- 86 incidents of anti-Semitic harassment, up from 63 in 2009
- 28 cases of anti-Semitic vandalism, up from 24 in 2009
- 2 physical assaults on Jewish individuals in Florida, down from 3 in 2009
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys
- Critical Mass Rides Tonight in Memory of Fallen Cyclist and Ahead of Tropical Storm Erika