21 of the Richest People in America Live in South Florida
The latest edition of the Forbes 400 is out, and 21 of the most filthy rich scions in America call humble little South Florida their primary home. Micky Arison, Miami Heat owner and Carnival Cruises CEO has the biggest moneybags in Miami with a net worth of $4.2 billion. That makes him the 75th richest man in America. Other familiar names like Wayne Huizenga, Norman Braman, and Jeff Greene also make the list. Check out the rest of your mega-rich neighbors below.
They're listed by their rank on the national list via The South Florida Business Journal.
- 75: Micky Arison (Bal Harbour), Miami Heat owner and Carnival Cruise Lines ' CEO, worth $4.2 billion
- 75: Dirk Ziff (North Palm Beach), Ziff Brothers Investments co-chairman, worth $4.2 billion (ranked along with his three brother, who live elsewhere)
- 81: William Koch (Palm Beach), Oxbow Group founder and CEO and the non-evil Koch brother, worth $4 billion
- 114: Terrence Pegula (Boca Raton), Buffalo Sabres owner and East Resources founder, worth $3.1 billion
- 139: Malcolm Glazer (Palm Beach), owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Manchester United, and First Allied Corp. CEO, worth $2.7 billion
- 150: Igor Olenicoff (Lighthouse Point), Olen Properties owner, worth $2.6 billion
- 171: H. Wayne Huizenga (Ft. Lauderdale), Swisher Hygiene chairman and former ruiner of South Florida sports and garbage magnate, worth $2.3 billion
- 171: Christopher Cline (North Palm Beach), Foresight Energy majority owner, worth $2.3 billion
- 188: Fred DeLuca (Ft. Lauderdale), Subway co-founder, worth $2.2 billion
- 200: Dr. Phillip Frost (Miami Beach), Opko Health chairman and CEO, and Teva Pharmaceuticals chairman of the board, worth $2.1 billion
- 200: Wilbur Ross (Palm Beach), multiple investments, worth $2.1 billion
- 200: George Lindemann (Palm Beach), Southern Union Company CEO, worth $2.1 billion
- 200: Jeff Greene (Palm Beach), multiple real estate investments and failed but entertaining Senate candidate, worth $2.1 billion
- 263: S. Daniel Abraham, Slim-Fast founder, worth $1.7 billion
- 263: Isaac Perlmutter (Palm Beach), Marvel CEO, worth $1.7 billion
- 273: Norman Braman (Miami), Braman Enterprises CEO and destroyer of Carlos Alvarez, worth $1.6 billion
- 329: Bharat Desai (Fisher Island), Syntel co-founder, worth $1.35 billion
- 331: Robert Stiller (Palm Beach), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters chairman of the board and biggest shareholder in Krispy Kreme, worth $1.3 billion
- 355: Edmund Ansin (Miami Beach), WSVN-parent company Sunbeam Television CEO, worth $1.25 billion
- 375: John Henry (Boca Raton), Fenway Sports Group owner, worth $1.1 billion
- 397: Peter Lewis (Coconut Grove), Progressive chairman, worth $1.05 billion
Bill Gates still reigns supreme as the richest man in America with a net worth of $59 billion.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.