Who Wants Free Tickets for Solange at Arsht Center in Miami?
Solange is not her older sister Beyoncé, and that's a good thing.
Where Beyoncé is flamboyant and shimmery, Solange is soulful and down-to-Earth. Bey is the "picture-perfect" media darling, Sol is witty and challenging with "Fuck the Industry (Signed Sincerely)."
In short, Solange is her own artist with her own raw power, and that's why she can command the stage of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, as she's scheduled to do Friday, July 5. Plus, we're giving away a couple of free tickets. So there's no reason not to get excited.
Solange Ticket Giveaway Instructions
1. Head over to Crossfade's Facebook page.
2. Find the Solange update and leave a comment.
3. From the pool of commenters, we'll randomly select a winner to see Solange's concert at the Arsht on July 5. So keep an eye on your Facebook messages.
4. Last thing ... You only have until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 2, to enter.
The 27-year-old singer and actress has forged her own path from the beginning. Even as a child, she caught attention from her peers for being a little different. After a particularly cruel experience when she went to school dressed as an American-Indian for basically no reason, she told Complex magazine that a teacher gave her some of the best advice of her life: not to "ever, ever bend or break because of who you are."
"From that point," Solange said in the interview, "the idea of convention versus non-convention or mainstream versus indie or any of those quote-unquote 'conflicts' has never crossed my mind."
Undoubtedly, 2013 has been her biggest year so far. She's coming to Miami hot off the heels of her successful True EP and a big hit with the indie crowd, "Losing You." She turned heads with her exciting performance of the catchy, danceable tune on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and we're hoping she fills the Arsht Center with that same kind of infectious and youthful energy.
But that was back in December of last year, and she's already looking ahead, working quickly to release a second EP, Lie, as well as her upcoming third LP, Sole Responsibility. Reported collaborators for the project include Timbaland, The-Dream, Pharrell Williams, and Justin Timberlake.
Not bad for a girl making it on her own.
Solange. Friday, July 5. Adrienne Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami Beach. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $25 to $50 plus fees via arshtcenter.org. Call 305-949-6722 or visit arshtcenter.org.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.
More MUSIC News
- Arcade Fire’s Win Butler, AKA DJ Windows 98, Coming to Bardot Miami
- Miami Beach’s Centennial Concert: Gloria Estefan, Celeb Cameos, and Conga Lines
- Rat Bastard on the Evolution of Noise: “We Are Always Trying to Come Up with Something...
- Telekinetic Walrus Talks The Spaceship With the Heavy Bass Bump