Tiesto Dedicates Club Life Album to Miami: "Clubs Are My Favorite, Crowds Are Inspiring"
It's true. When the Dutch superproducer isn't slaving away in his pimped-out studio, doing the uhntz-uhntz on the sands of Ibiza, or partying with Swedish House Mafia on a plane while getting wasted, spraying champagne all over the walls, and shooting corks at the pilot, dude's chilling in his South Beach condo with the beautiful people, basking in the sexiness of the MIA, and waiting for the beginning of Ultra Music Festival's next beat-freaking bonanza.
In fact, Tiësto loves the Magic City so much that he's dedicated his new compilation album to the charms of our subtropical shores. "I basically live in Miami when I'm in the U.S.," he tells Crossfade. "The clubs are my favorite. The crowds are inspiring. And I really love to play there.
"The album's going to be released in about six weeks," the uber-mega-DJ adds. "And it's dedicated to the city of Miami, because I spend so much time there."
Slated for an April 24 drop date on his own Musical Freedom label, this comp -- titled Club Life: Volume Two, Miami -- will be the second installment in the superproducer's ongoing series of special DJ mixes.
And it's gonna be loaded with fave songs, like John Dahlbäck's "Life"; Tiësto-fied remixes of tracks by Coldplay, The Naked & Famous, and Gotye; plus hot, new, extra-sexy original cuts inspired by Miami, including "We Own The Night," "Chasing Summers," and "Make Some Noise."
"Club Life is based on my sets," he says. "It's stuff I play at the club. There are remixes that I've done. And I did a lot of exclusive stuff for the CD."
Tiësto's Club Life: Volume Two, Miami Tracklist
1. Tiësto's "Miami" (Original Mix)
2. Tiësto's "Chasing Summers" (Original Mix)
3. Tiësto & Wolfgang Gartner's "We Own The Night" ft. Luciana (Original Mix)
4. Tiësto's "What Can We Do (A Deeper Love)" (Third Party Remix)
5. Baggi Begovic's "If A Lie Was Love" ft. Josie Cotton (Baggi Begovic KNAL mix)
6. Gotye's "Somebody I Used To Know" ft. Kimbra (Tiësto Remix)
7. Coldplay's "Paradise" (Tiësto Remix)
8. Sultan + Ned Shepard's "Walls" ft. Quilla (Original Mix)
9. The Naked & Famous's "Young Blood" (Tiësto & Hardwell Remix)
10. John Dahlbäck's "Life" (Original Mix)
11. John De Sohn's "Long Time" ft. Andreas Moe (Original Mix)
12. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl's "In My Mind" ft. Georgi Kay (Axwell Mix)
13. Avesta's "Arena" (Original Mix)
14. Afrojack & Shermanology's "Can't Stop Me" (Tiësto Remix)
15. Tiësto & Swanky Tunes' "Make Some Noise" ft. Ben McInerney of New Navy (Original Mix)
16. Tiësto's "Maximal Crazy" (Original Mix)
But how exactly did the Led Zepplin of EDM channel the mojo of his part-time playground? Hugging palm trees? Sleeping in the sand? Getting botox? Going hard and sweaty on the cocaine references?
"There's nothing literal, except maybe some art in the booklet," Tiësto explains. "But basically, when I do a Club Life compilation, there are a lot of vocals.
"So it's a very sexy CD and Miami is a very sexy city."
Pre-order Tiësto's Club Life: Volume Two, Miami via gomerch.com/tiesto/clublifev2.
Ultra Music Festival 2012. Friday, March 23, to Sunday, March 25. Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are sold out. Visit ultramusicfestival.com.
Musical Freedom Miami 2012 with secret lineup and special guest. Friday, March 23. Arkadia, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. The party starts at 11 p.m. and tickets cost $60 plus fees via wantickets.com. Ages 21 and up. Call 305-674-4680 or visit arkadiamiami.com.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.