The Bloody Beetroots
With great power comes great responsibility, or so the superhero saying goes. And when it comes to the power to rock the dance floor right, and rock it all night, call the Bloody Beetroots. With their Marvel Comics-style masks, the Italian twosome can be seen bobbing in the booth, gleefully shouldering the responsibility to push air with itchy fingers on the filters.
Beetroots producer Bob Rifo has spent the past couple of years remixing at a superhuman pace, and his electro-informed sound has been likened to that of those other masked marauders: the members of Daft Punk. But whereas Daft Punk flawlessly sequences French-touch funk and composed riffs into the duo's vocoder-slathered soul, Rifo's style is more akin to MSTRKRFT and Dim Mak's raunch-tinged bangers. Rifo's bass is inflamed, and his melodies are flecked with the chromatic splatter of Italo-disco. Joined live by Tommy Tea, Rifo has come to town to slap your ass and fuck with your head.
1. The Bloody Beetroots feat. Steve Aoki, "WARP 1.9"
2. The Prodigy, "Invaders Must Die"
3. The Proxy, "Raven (Crookers Remix)"
4. MSTRKRFT, "It Ain't Love (Bloody Beetroots Remix)"
5. Tiga, "Mind Dimension (Bloody Beetroots Remix)"
6. Rifoki "Sperm Donor"
7. Djedjotronic feat. Spoek, "Dirty and Hard (Congorock Remix)"
8. Redman, "I Hold the Crown (Gigi Barocco Remix)"
9. The Bloody Beetroots, "Cornelius"
10. Sound of Stereo, "Heads Up! (Bloody Beetroots Remix)"
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.