Ten Reasons to Love Ricky Martin
It almost seems superfluous to tell you that we're fans of Ricky Martin. Almost. Because we can't seem to get enough of Ricky. And we know you can't either. Because sometimes long articles might be hard to digest. And because these quick and easy lists let us have a bit more fun. But never -- and we mean NEVER -- because we're showing favoritism ever since Ricky may or may not have shot us a shout out in his personal Twitter.
For all these reasons and more, Crossfade presents ten reasons to love Ricky Martin.
10. Thanks Via Twitter ... Ok, so maybe he did graciously give a certain New Times writer a shout out.
9. Saucy Dance Moves ... There's no doubt Ricky can shake his bon bon.
8. Charity ... Let's not forget: Between Habitat For Humanity, UNICEF and his own Ricky Martin Foundation, Mr. Martin's practically a super hero without superpowers.
7. Superhuman Good Looks ... Okay, maybe the man has one superpower. Even a straight dude's gotta to admit that Ricky's a pretty effin' good-looking guy.
6. Menudo ... That is all.
5. Turning the English-Speaking World On to "Livin' La Vida Loca" ... Need we say more?
4. M.A.S. Tour ... Which, incidentally, brings him home to Miami for a show
at the AAA tomorrow night.
3. "Lo Mejor de Mi Vida"/"The Best Thing About Me" ... He worked dual-language duets for this single with both Natalia Jimenez of La Quinta Estacion fame, and Joss Stone.
2. Coming Out ... After years of poking and prodding by the media, Ricky came out last year and instantly became a champion for the gay community. Speaking of which...
1. Did we mention looks? We'll leave you with this sexy pic.
Ricky Martin. Saturday, April 9. American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. The concert begins at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $38.75 to $128.75 plus fees via ticketmaster.com. Call 786-777-1000 or visit aaarena.com.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.