SXSW: Bradford Schmidt Has a Date With Rogue Wave Today
Bradford took a picture of this poster and said he'd be there, so it's a good bet
Yep, Bradford "The Meatist" Schmidt is in Austin covering SXSW. So far, we know that he didn't catch Motorhead Tuesday night.
From what we gather from Bradford's Twitter (@boneinthefan) postings yesterday:
- Bradford caught New York art-rock darlings the Walkmen, was impressed by the farfisa, and made this editor insanely jealous. It's impossible to take non-blurry shots of this band, by the way.
- The Fader Fort is still as much of a clusterscrew as we remember.
- Stone Foxes kicked ass.
Tweet of the Day: "Sure way 2 tell #sxsw band isn't cool: they
say 'that is how fucking cool we are' and they're serious." We could not agree more. Runner-up:Note to all you
retro bands: 'more cowbell' was a joke."
More to come, including what I think might be some We Were Promised Jetpacks coverage .
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.
More MUSIC News
- Arcade Fire’s Win Butler, AKA DJ Windows 98, Coming to Bardot Miami
- Miami Beach’s Centennial Concert: Gloria Estefan, Celeb Cameos, and Conga Lines
- Rat Bastard on the Evolution of Noise: “We Are Always Trying to Come Up with Something...
- Telekinetic Walrus Talks The Spaceship With the Heavy Bass Bump