Sundays, Marlin Bar
Husband and wife tag-team Humble Lion and Empress Surrender have been holding down the turntables at the Marlin on Sundays for the past 26 months. Its one of the few spots in town to hear roots reggae (with just a touch of dancehall). The pair also hosts a radio show on WAVS-AM (1170) on Sundays at 1:00 p.m. The missus has actually been hitting the tables longer, and does most of the spinning at this hotel bar once owned by Island Records executive Chris Blackwell. These selectors, along with the intimate, vintage setting and the two-for-one drink specials, make it an irie place to wind down your weekend or kick off your week.
1. I-Wayne, Living in Love (Gibbo)
2. Jah Cure, Longing For (Don Corleon)
3. Jah Mason, My Princess Gone (Rollin)
4. Fyah Blaze, Truths & Rights (Eight76)
5. I-Wayne, Lava Ground (Loyal Soldiers)
6. Fyah Blaze, Empress Amazing (Eight76)
7. Richie Spice, Folly Living (Fifth Element)
8. Fyah Blaze, Nuh Love Love (Eight76)
9. Capleton, That Day Will Come (VP Records)
10. Perfect, Hand Cart Boy (Rebel Muzic)
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.