10. Around the World in 80 Minutes With the Terry Barber Trio. Saturday, February 13, 8 p.m. Aventura Arts and Cultural Center, 3385 NE 188th St., Aventura; 877-311-7469; aventuracenter.org. Tickets cost $35 to $45 plus fees via ticketmaster.com.
Take a trip Around the World in 80 Minutes for V-Day without ever leaving Miami. One of fewer than 50 professional
9. Renee Olstead's Valentine's Day Concert. Sunday, February 14, 7 to 9 p.m. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; 305-667-1651; fairchildgarden.org. Tickets cost $60 to $175 plus fees via fairchildgarden.org.
Nothing's more romantic than spending an evening under the stars with your lover, surrounded by exotic flowers and plants, listening to the dreamy sounds of Grammy-nominated vocalist Renee Olstead. Keep it cute and simple with a picnic basket and blanket, or go all out with a candlelit dinner. Whatever you choose, your date will not be disappointed.
8. Nicole Henry With Ed Calle and His Student Jazz Ensemble. Presented by the Global Arts Project's Artscape Concert Series. Sunday, February 14, 2 p.m. Collins Park, 2200 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7730. Admission is free.
Let's be real — Valentine's Day can get expensive. But for you hopeless romantics out there with shallow pockets, we have a solution. "A lot of my repertoire is from the jazz standards, but I sing classic soul and folk songs," Nicole Henry told New Times last summer. Sounds like the appropriate V-Day soundtrack. And being that her show at Collins Park is free, you'll have enough money left over to take your S.O. out for a swanky dinner.
7. Sinatra Tribute Valentine's Show With Nat Koho and Jesse
Frank Sinatra may have been a "fun and loving grandpa," but when it came to the ladies, the Rat Packer was a true charmer. Sweep your dame (or fella) off her (or his) feet to the music of Ol' Blue Eyes with Nat Koho and Jesse
6. Strangers & Friends Valentine's Day Party With Reboot, Shaded, ALX, Allan Gallego, and Donnie Lowe. Saturday, February 13, 11 p.m. Space, 34 NE 11th St., Miami; 305-375-0001; clubspace.com. Tickets cost $20 to $35 plus fees via wantickets.com. Ages 21 and up.
Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers — it's also a chance for lonely strangers to become close friends. Drink and dance your way to the Hallmark holiday of the year with the Magic City's party animals at Space. Who knows? Maybe you'll be struck by Cupid's arrow on the dance floor.
5. Live at the Yard: Motown Edition With Alejandro Elizondo and Shira Lee. Presented by the Prism Music Group. Saturday, February 13, 7 p.m. The Wynwood Yard, 70 NW 29th St., Miami; thewynwoodyard.com. Admission is free with RSVP via eventbrite.com.
There's always room for love, even among the monthly madness of Art Walk. Escape the
4. Jessie Andrews' Anti-Valentine's Day Party With Yousef and JBZ. Saturday, February 13, 10 p.m. Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-576-7750; bardotmiami.com. Ages 21 and up.
If romance and all that Valentine's Day crap
3. Hated for Loving With the Ordinary Boys and DJs Mikey R. and Benton G. Presented by Radio-Active Records and Gramps. Friday, February 12, 10 p.m. Gramps, 176 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-699-2669; gramps.com. Admission is free.
Sometimes, you'll be hated for loving. And Miami's Ordinary Boys — the only Smiths and Morrissey tribute band in the entire 305 — have come to accept and embrace that. That's why they're celebrating the day of love with a night of your fave Smiths and Morrissey songs, from "This Charming Man" to "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out." Take that, haters.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Diana Ross knows a thing or two about love. "Music is like love," the starlet told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2013. "It feels good. It's about sharing. It's very special. Music is like the heartbeat of our world." Feel that adoring heartbeat of hers just in time for Valentine's Day this week at the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood.
1. Andrea Bocelli. Saturday and Sunday, February 13 and 14, 8 p.m. Hard Rock Live, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-797-5531; hardrocklivehollywoodfl.com. Tickets cost $205 to $555 plus fees via ticketmaster.com.
Valentine's Day in South Florida just wouldn't be complete without the world's top panty-dropper, Andrea Bocelli. At 57 years old, the Italian tenor can make any human being on the planet melt at the sound of his voice. So brace yourself for two nights of pure, unadulterated magic. Let Mr. Bocelli do the flirting for you.