Miami's Ten Best Halloween Parties of 2015
Forget Halloween candy — these pirates want some booty! Treasure, that is.
Photo by George Martinez
Put on your slutty pumpkin costume (that How I Met Your Mother reference will never get old), hit up the Magic City's streets, and get your party on — it's Halloween!
And for this year's
So treat yourself to some ghoulish fun and check out Miami's ten best Halloween parties of 2015.
10. Nightmare on the Beach: The Battle of Heaven & Hell. With DJ Willy Monfret. Presented by the Little Lighthouse Foundation. Saturday, October 31, 9 p.m. Lummus Park, Between Ninth Street and Ocean Drive (on the Beach). Tickets cost $175 plus fees via nightmareonthebeach.com. Ages 21 and up.
Party for a cause with the ghouls and goblins at Nightmare on the Beach. But be warned, this is a battle of heaven and hell — you must choose the route you want to follow. Both paths bring their own twist and turns of surprises, including the Dos Equis' Dos Heaven and Dos Hell lounges featuring nitrogen ice cream,
This will be Heart's first Halloween ever. And the new Park West nightclub is celebrating in style with some help from Gesaffelstein and what we assume will be a small army of barely dressed Miamians.
8. 007 Halloween Bash. With Sammy Bananas. Sponsored by Belvedere 007. Saturday, October 31, 11 p.m. Rec Room, 1690 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 786-975-2555; recroomies.com. Admission is free. Ages 21 and up.
When it comes to being an international crime-fighting agent and ladies man with impeccable style, no one is smoother than James Bond. And when it comes to mustaches and mixing sick dance beats, no one lays 'em down like Fool's Gold Records OG, Sammy Bananas. So party it up and go, well, Bananas, with the DJ at Rec Room.
7. The Faint. With Mokibaby and Artime. Saturday, October 31, 10 p.m. Bardot, 3456 N Miami Ave., Miami; 305-576-5570; bardotmiami.com. Tickets cost $20 to $25 plus fees via showclix.com. Ages 21 and up.
There's no better time than Halloween to do the Danse Macabre with the Faint. Reigning from the deserts of Omaha, Nebraska, the band is bringing their freaky dance-punk to the Magic City for a night of spooks and All Hallows' Eve shenanigans.
6. Strangers & Friends Halloween. In the terrace with Erick Morillo and Patrick M. Saturday, October 31, 10 p.m. Space, 34 NE 11th St., Miami; 305-375-0001; clubspace.com. Tickets cost $25 to $45 plus fees via wantickets.com. Ages 21 and up.
There's no such thing as strangers — only friends you haven't met yet. So go wild and let loose with Erick Morillo and your brand new monster, Batman, Superwoman, and Star Wars buddies at Space. Happy Halloween!
5. All Hallows' Eve. With Thugfucker, Will Renuart, and others. Saturday, October 31, 6 p.m. Electric Pickle, 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-456-5613; electricpicklemiami.com. Tickets cost $10 plus fees for arrival between 6 to 10 p.m.; $15 plus fees for arrival between 10 p.m. and midnight; and $20 plus fees after midnight via residentadvisor.net; $30 tickets include entrance to after party at Libertine. Ages 21 and up.
Don your banana suit and do the "Disco Gnome" with Thugfucker. Better yet, gather a group of your friends and dress up like the marathon runner, yogis, corporate office workers, and all the characters of the 2011 music video that lifted the Icelandic-American DJ duo to fame. Just be sure to arrive at the Electric Pickle early for cheaper admission, smoky barbecue, warm-up tunes from the EP crew, and other Halloween treats.
4. Cedric Gervais' Slumber Party Massacre Sh!t Show. With Mednas. Saturday, October 31, 11 p.m. LIV, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680; livnightclub.com. Tickets cost $75 plus fees via flavorus.com. Ages 21 and up.
It's all fun and games until creepy dolls and bloody Teddy bears are involved. So get ready for the ultimate Slumber Party Massacre as the 305's Grammy-nominated beat mixer, Cedric Gervais, brings his Halloween-themed Sh!t Show to LIV. Always full of surprises, Gervais definitely knows how to throw one hell of a
You too can become a Playboy Bunny for the night.
Photo by George Martinez
TicketsFri., Jan. 20, 7:00pm
Side by Side: A Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme Tribute
TicketsFri., Jan. 20, 8:00pm
TicketsSat., Jan. 21, 7:00pm
The Last Waltz 40 Tour: The 40th Anniversary of The Last Waltz
TicketsSat., Jan. 21, 7:30pm
TicketsSat., Jan. 21, 8:00pm
3. Playboy Halloween Masquerade Party. Saturday, October 31, 10 p.m. Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel, 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-1701; hydebeach.com. Tickets cost $35 to $46 plus fees via tixr.com. Ages 21 and up.
It's crossed all of our minds at one point of another — how does an 89-year-old man get to live in a mansion filled with 20-something-year-old models in bunny ears? We may never know the answer to that question, but hey, at least you can grab a velvet robe, pretend you're Hugh Hefner for the night, and party it up with the hopeful Playboy Bunnies at the Playboy Halloween Masquerade Party. Who knows? Maybe you'll run into Hef yourself and get to ask him, how the hell do you do it?
2. Calvin Harris. With Duke Dumont. Presented by Power 96. Friday, October 30, 8 p.m. House of Horror at Miami International Mall, 1455 NW 107th Ave., Doral; 305-639-6000; houseofhorrorpark.com. Tickets cost $30 plus fees via wantickets.com.
There may have been some rumored bad blood between party boy Calvin Harris and pop princess Taylor Swift, but this Halloween, the trick's on Harris. While T-Swift is busy touring the globe and selling out arenas on her 1989 World Tour, the starlet's former flame will be spinning records in Doral parking lot. Specifically, at the Miami International Mall's parking lot for the annual House of Horror. It's a treat for Miami. Maybe not something the DJ will necessarily brag about to his leading lady, but we still love you, Calvin!
This city needs a hero.
Photo by George Martinez
1. Heroes & Villains Halloween Pool Party. With DJs Irie, Troubles, and RBK. Presented by the DJ Irie Blue Star Series at the Surfcomber. Saturday, October 31, 2 to 7 p.m. Surfcomber Hotel, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-7715; surfcomber.com. Admission is free with RSVP via eventbrite.com. Ages 21 and up.
What club rats love the most about October 31 is that you can be whoever (or whatever) you want for a day. And at the Surfcomber's poolside
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.