Jennifer Lopez at American Airlines Arena August 31 and September 1
Sure, Jennifer Lopez has good taste in music, as evidenced by her judging skills on American Idol. But when it comes to men, the woman is clueless.
So far, Marc Anthony was actually her best choice, judging by the way he helped get her career back on track and the fact that they stayed together so long. By showbiz standards, anyway.
Still, it turned as rotten as last month's empanada. So he's on the "J.Lo in Love" list of bad choices, taking the number 6 slot. Here are the rest.
5. Ben Affleck. He and J.Lo couldn't withstand the onslaught of media attention. It made their lives impossible. But worse than calling it quits mere hours before their scheduled 2003 wedding: the fact that they gave birth to two terrible children — Gigli and Jersey Girl.
TicketsSun., Jul. 30, 7:30pm
TicketsSun., Jul. 30, 8:00pm
Straight No Chaser and Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox
TicketsTue., Aug. 1, 7:30pm
TicketsFri., Aug. 4, 7:00pm
Symphony of the Americas 26th Anniversary Summerfest
TicketsSat., Aug. 5, 7:00pm
4. Cris Judd. Lopez's 2001 marriage to her former back-up dancer was doomed from the start because of the ridiculous imbalance of power. Hot sex with a back-up dancer does not a marriage make. Cris was pop's top 15-minute footnote until K-Fed came along.
3. Ojani Noa. A waiter! And she was the special of the day! And she hired and fired him as a restaurant manager and then had to deal with him suing her shapely ass. But of course she famously sued back when he tried to publish a tell-all book, clearly desperate to keep feeding off her. Their entire relationship was spent in court.
2. Casper Smart. Hot sex with a back-up dancer (who's allegedly addicted to erotic Asian massages) does not a marriage make.
1. Sean "Puffy" Combs. At least he was a music-biz peer, not a waiter or back-up dancer. But, uh, the shootout, the frantic escape from the scene, and the gun in the front seat... Ay, dios mio.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.