It wouldn't be completely out of line to say DJ/producer Hernán Cattáneo is as significant a head spinner in his home of Buenos Aires, Argentina, as top-earning British DJ Paul Oakenfold is in England. Oakey must have thought so, even just a little bit, after encountering Cattáneo in South America, snapping him up for his own Perfecto label, and releasing a mix CD by the latter in 2002. Cattáneo has since gone on to record original singles for other boutique labels such as Bedrock and Renaissance, and won fans all over the world for his DJ sets of deep, synth-drizzled house that have been known to last for up to 12 hours.
After Cattáneo conquers Winter Music Conference, he'll leave the Beach and soon be playing gigs in places as far-flung as Malta, Tunisia, Australia, and Russia. It's just another party season in the life of a DJ who is truly in demand across the planet. He also plans to unveil his own digital music label.
1. Ben Watt, "Guinea Pig Remixes"
2. Nomad in the Dark, "Neriya/Attia"
3. Martin Brodin, "Homage"
4. Sasse and Nick Chacona, "Integral/Stellar"
5. Mutant Clan, "Perfect Place"
6. Paco Buggin, "Siliconema (Baunder Remix)"
7. Florian Kruse feat. Saara, "Thrill (Vincenzo and Elmar Schubert Remix)"
8. MODE, "Signs/Colours"
9. Spencer Parker and Diesel presents Co_LAB, "Zanzibar"
10. Chris Fortier, "Losing Wait (John Selway, Gavin Herlihy, and Jamie Stevens Remixes)"
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.