Givers at Bardot January 19
Nestled alongside the Black Keys' El Camino, Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues, and Cults' self-titled effort, Givers' up-tempo debut album, In Light, earned a spot on New Times' Best of 2011 list, an accolade that the Louisiana-based band likely overlooked.
Fret not. This Thursday, when Givers plays Bardot's Living Room Sessions concert series, we will attempt to present the quintet with a makeshift award commemorating its buzz-worthy achievements. But what do you give a Giver?
1. Washboard: Arguably the most versatile instrument on the planet, the washboard makes for not only great zydeco indie-pop but also a portable laundry room. Hurray for cleanliness and Creole rhythm!
2. Band-Aid adhesive bandages: Be it on guitar strings, drumsticks, washboards, or whatever, musicians are always injuring their fingers. Surely, this band would appreciate a big box of Johnson & Johnson's finest.
The Dandy Warhols: Distortland Tour
TicketsSat., Oct. 1, 8:00pm
Max & Iggor Cavalera
TicketsSun., Oct. 2, 7:00pm
Charlie Puth - We Don't Talk Tour 2016
TicketsTue., Oct. 4, 7:30pm
Peter Frampton Raw: An Acoustic Tour
TicketsWed., Oct. 5, 7:30pm
Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman
TicketsThu., Oct. 6, 8:00pm
3. Dashikis: Givers already blends elements of African percussion. Why not blend elements of African garb?
4. Antacids: Creole food can be a little spicy, even for a band from Louisiana. And nothing is worse than heartburn.
5. Parachute: Givers will only go "Up Up Up" in 2012.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.