For the past decade, the lively Danny Howells has been at the forefront of the progressive house and later tech-house scenes in his native England. He's offered singles and mixed collections for notable labels such as Jackpot, Obsessive, Renaissance, and Global Underground. He's also a fearless remixer, unafraid to take on the ultimate classics (most notably Donna Summer's "I Feel Love") and both complement and extend the original vibes.
Howells is going to party — um, work — nonstop to promote his new Dig Deeper record label at Winter Music Conference. On Wednesday, March 25, he'll start out with a day party from 3 to 9 p.m. and then rush over to begin a seven-hour DJ set, rocking it into the morning hours. After so many years of recording for other people's companies, it's no less than a pleasure for Howells to do so for himself. Besides, there's no sleep for those who dig that deep.
1. Danny Howells, "Right Off (Faze Action Remix)"
2. Ian Pooley, "My Kicks (Vincenzo and Lovebirds Remix)"
3. Pitto, "Feeling (Dub)"
4. Madnus & Scogil, "Carpet Vole"
5. Gui Boratto, "Atomic Soda"
6. Maedrik, "Choose Your System (Adam Beyer Remix)"
7. Danny Howells, "Flight Home (Matrix Remix)"
8. Khemistry, "Buzz Parade"
9. Peter Dundov, "Sparkling Stars"
10. The Mole, "For the Lost"
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.