Brazilian Carnaval 2013: Five Best Parties in Miami
Brazilian Carnaval is here.
That means caipiroskas, cariocas, fried food, music, and dancing naked in the street. Or gettin' at least halfway nude at the club.
This is what we live for.
Here are the five best Brazilian carnaval 2013 parties in Miami.
The Dandy Warhols: Distortland Tour
TicketsSat., Oct. 1, 8:00pm
Max & Iggor Cavalera
TicketsSun., Oct. 2, 7:00pm
Charlie Puth - We Don't Talk Tour 2016
TicketsTue., Oct. 4, 7:30pm
Peter Frampton Raw: An Acoustic Tour
TicketsWed., Oct. 5, 7:30pm
Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman
TicketsThu., Oct. 6, 8:00pm
5. Soho Beach House, 4385 Collins Ave, Fri, Feb 8, 10p.m.
Friday night, this elitist, exclusivist, posh, aristocratic, private, moneyed enclave celebrates the good life. Don't worry, there will be no poor people there, and the music will be awesome! We jumped the fence once and got beaten up and tossed in the alley like slum trash. You're only getting in if you or a friend has a membership.
4. Bamboo Nightclub 550 Washington Ave, Tuesday, Feb 12, 11p.m., $20-$30
This tribute to Brazilian Carnaval features DJ L'Adour, live drummers, samba dancers in costume, and capoeira performers in a VIP environment where bottle service is strongly encouraged.
3. Boteco, 916 NE 79 St, Sunday, Feb 10, 4p.m., FREE
Real Brazilian restaurant and nightclub owned by real Brazilians throwing a real Brazilian party and everyone is invited. DJ Fabio Soul and Batuke Samba Funk perform live starting at 4p.m. at this awesome indoor/outdoor joint just west of the JFK causeway does it right with food and drink specials all day and night.
2. Mango's Tropical Cafe, 900 Ocean Drive, Fri, Sat, Sun, Feb 8-10, cover at door discretion. Did you know Mango's is one of the top grossing nightclubs in America. This place makes more money than LIV, and they throw a hell of a party every day and night of the year. The Midnight Samba Show is no exception, so cop a bottle, pick a model, and enjoy the show.
1. Carnival at Villa 221, 221 NE 17 St, Saturday, Feb 9, 7pm-4am, $15, or $300 VIP table of 4
By far the most massive outpouring of Brazilian Carnaval energy in all of Miami takes place Saturday night at Villa 221 with live music, art, dancing, food, drink, beats, and more, coinciding with art walk, in a central location, at an open mansion on Biscayne.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.