Beer Snob Bicycle Pub Crawl's Manatee Mascot Picks a 12-Pack Playlist
In honor of the fourth Beer Snob Bicycle Pub Crawl, we caught up with the event's beer-drinking manatee mascot. And he picked out a tasty 12-pack playlist perfect for a sweetly simple ride from the Beach, across the Venetian Causeway into downtown.
Named Miami New Times' Best Urban Bike Ride of 2011, the pub crawl will take cyclists to new spots this September 17. So program your iPods for a beautiful, relaxing eight-mile ride and the opportunity to taste craft beers at a discount. Also, bring a bike lock and keep it together.
But to start, whet your appetite with this delicious mix of drinking songs selected by an adorable cycling sea cow.
12. Bob Wills & Tommy Duncan's "Bubbles in My Beer" (1948)
11. Johnny Bond's "Sick, Sober And Sorry" (1951)
10. George Jones's "You're Still On My Mind" (1964)
9. Merle Haggard and The Strangers' "The Bottle Let Me Down" (1966)
8. Jerry Lee Lewis's "What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made a Loser Out of Me)" (1968)
7. Sammi Smith's "Hallelujah For Beer" (1977)
6. The Fila Fresh Crew's "Drink It Up" (1987)
5. Dee Dee King's "Too Much To Drink" (1989)
4. EPMD's "You Had To Much to Drink" (1989)
3. Spice 1's "187 Proof" (1992)
2. Tha Alkaholiks' "Likwit"/"Only When I'm Drunk" (1993)
1. The Spits' "Take Back The Alley" (2003)
Beer Snob Bicycle Pub Crawl IV. Saturday, September 17. The biking and boozing begins at 4 p.m., meeting at Zeke's (625 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach) before continuing to the Burger & Beer Joint (1766 Bay Rd., Miami Beach), Wynwood Kitchen & Bar (2550 NW Second Ave., Miami), Sparky's Roadside Barbecue (204 NE First St., Miami), and ending at The Filling Station (95 SE Second St., Miami). RSVP for the bicycle pub crawl via Facebook. Visit miamibikescene.blogspot.com.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.