Beer Snob Bicycle Pub Crawl's Manatee Mascot Picks a 12-Pack Playlist
In honor of the fourth Beer Snob Bicycle Pub Crawl, we caught up with the event's beer-drinking manatee mascot. And he picked out a tasty 12-pack playlist perfect for a sweetly simple ride from the Beach, across the Venetian Causeway into downtown.
Named Miami New Times' Best Urban Bike Ride of 2011, the pub crawl will take cyclists to new spots this September 17. So program your iPods for a beautiful, relaxing eight-mile ride and the opportunity to taste craft beers at a discount. Also, bring a bike lock and keep it together.
But to start, whet your appetite with this delicious mix of drinking songs selected by an adorable cycling sea cow.
12. Bob Wills & Tommy Duncan's "Bubbles in My Beer" (1948)
11. Johnny Bond's "Sick, Sober And Sorry" (1951)
10. George Jones's "You're Still On My Mind" (1964)
9. Merle Haggard and The Strangers' "The Bottle Let Me Down" (1966)
8. Jerry Lee Lewis's "What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made a Loser Out of Me)" (1968)
7. Sammi Smith's "Hallelujah For Beer" (1977)
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.