10 Greatest Moments in White Rap History
Since it's a very chill Thursday morning and we could all use a few laughs, CrossFade is glad to present 10 of the dorkiest and funniest moments in the history of melanin-challenged rap:
1. Here's a dorky guy who can impersonate LL Cool J, Mystikal and Digital Underground:
2. Coming straight out of Houston, the Iced Out Eskimoz offer their tribute in rhyme to Whataburger:
3. This kids will beg to have this tape destroyed in less than one year:
4. For a while in the '80s, the airwaves were plagued with terrible rap commercials. Here's a quintessential one from about 1989, with a couple of nerds going all Fat Boys over The Legend of Zelda.
5. A plump, pissed-off German kid. If Andy Milonakis was from Frankfurt, he'd be this dude:
6. Ever seen an Australian octogenarian bust a rhyme? No? You must harness the power of Skittles:
7. Rappin' Rove
8. Funky-fresh B-Boys gettin' jiggy
9. Okay, as a white person, at this point all I can say is "Please kill me, now..."
10. No, really, kill me...
--John Nova Lomax
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.