- Tonight, at Books & Books, hear the former tech editor of Fortune, David Kirkpatrick, discuss The Facebook Effect, his new book that softly but thoroughly investigates the social networking phenomena. The Cliff's Notes: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is awesome.
- Filo al Fuego is a play about professional boxing in'60s Miami, set to Latin beats and R&B groves. See the Hispanic Theatre Festival production tonight at MDC Wolfson Campus's Prometeo Theatre.
- One of Spike Lee's genuine Original Kings of Comedy, D.L. Hughley, performs at Ft. Lauderdale Improv all weekend long. (Click here for a clip of his 1991 cameo on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.)
- He counseled detainees at Krome Detention Center and then he wrote a musical about it. See Marc Joseph's Refugee: A Musical of Freedom and Resistance at the Little Haiti Cultural Center.
It's a bird! A plane! No, it's an innovative marketing scheme by an
energy drink company. This Saturday, aerospace amateurs gather at Red
Bull Flugtag to launch their homemade flying machines out over Biscayne
Take the streets tomorrow night for the Second Saturday Wynwood Art Walk.
- This just in: The Smiths bassist, Andy Rourke, will spin at the White Room.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
You smell that? Like sweet rotting flesh? Look around! Mangos are dropping
off your neighbor's trees and melting into the cement while pigeons and
rats have their way with the fruit. The stench marks the annual International
Mango Festival at Fairchild where we guess it'll smell much fresher.
The playwright was a bad ass (a one-armed bohemian!) and the director is
a bad as (jailed for his art!) so you know the play - Divinas
Palabras - is going to be good. There's one catch: it'll be performed entirely in espanol with no supertitles.
- Lincoln Road's Colony Theatre will broadcast the final match of the World Cup on Sunday. Rootin' for Spain or the Netherlands?