Twelve Best Things to Do This Weekend
After you've taken it to the man at Occupy Miami this Saturday, you're going to need something to do to unwind. After all, you deserve something rewarding after protesting corporate greed and economic inequalities.
Lucky for the 99 percent, there's Cultist, Miami's premiere source for snarky reality television recaps, cultural arts, and of course, home of the finest best things to do weekend roundup.
From a zombie walk to politically-charged Puerto Rican party music, there are tons of really great events going down throughout the city the next few days. While we'd love to be at all of them, we had to narrow it down. Check out our top 12 picks after the jump.
- Surfer Blood: South Florida's favorite indie outfit brings their "Floating Vibes" to Downtown Miami for a free show at Bayfront Park. It's part of the city's DWNTWN Miami Concert Series.
- Fort Lauderdale Zombie Walk: Hundreds of people dress up like "Thriller" extras and roam the streets of Fort Lauderdale like walking corpses.
- Mark Morris Dance Group: Contemporary dance's bad boy choreographer makes his triumphant return to Miami 15 long years after his last Magic City appearance.
- Big Brass Juke: Uncle Scotchy teams up with Juke, adds a little sax, keys, and horns create Miami's gnarliest blues band, Big Brass Juke.
- Occupy Miami: Exercise your freedom of speech by joining the fight to end corporate greed. Not sure what we're talking about? Watch this video.
- Objectified: Ever felt like making love to your Bang and Olufsen home stereo? We get it. The design is crazy sexy. Learn more about industrial design at MOCA screening of Objectified.
- Richard Lewis and Susie Essman: Larry David's best friend and biggest pain in the ass share the stage north of here in Coral Springs.
- Wine on Harvest Moon: Have an extra $125 burning a whole in your designer pockets? Drop it on a night of Chilean wine and food at the Deering Estate.
- Calle 13: The Puerto Rican rebels with a social cause are gonna rock the plaza at the American Airlines Arena.
- Grovetoberfest: What do you know about beer? Not enough. Try it, learn how to make it, cook with it, and a bunch of other neat shit at Peacock Park.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.