Twelve Best Things to Do This Weekend
It's Veteran's Day and gorgeous outside. If freedom and clear blue skies are any indication of what the weekend has in store for us, we're in luck.
Thank you, men and women of the armed forces, for making life in America rad. The first round of drinks are on us this weekend. Hell, every round of drinks are on us--it's the least we can do.
We'll start off celebrating Miami's oldest bar on Friday and finish off doing keg stands at the West 24 parking lot of Sun Life Stadium. America! Hell yeah!
- Happy Birthday, Tobacco Road: Miami's oldest bar is really friggin' old. Tobacco Road turns the big 9-9 on Friday.
- Le Havre: Laugh and cry at Miami Beach Cinematheque's screening of this French tale of a Normandy town and African refugees.
- ArtOffical: Miami's favorite hybrid group helps celebrate The Stage's one year anniversary.
- Cordel: Local troupe Brazz Dance wows the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center with their latest modern piece.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: The highlight'll be when "A Communist Dictator Visits Miami" goes on view at 6 p.m.
- Mustache Ride: Get those nasty thoughts out of your head, this mustache ride's a critical mass bike ride to raise cancer awareness.
- FoodStock: One Night of Peas and Music: Short Order's hosting a hippie food truck roundup complete with vintage arts and crafts.
- The Screwtape Letters: C.S. Lewis was a cool dude. Watch his critically acclaimed novel, The Screwtape Letters, come to life.
- Alter Ego Fetish Party: Only 250 kinky folks will get in, so make sure you show up early and rock your sexiest leather outfit.
- Miami Book Fair International: What's the last great book you read? Meet some of your favorite authors this weekend when the Book Fair kicks off.
- Taylor Swift: Admit it, you love Taylor Swift. Who wouldn't? She's the sweetest gal in pop country.
- Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are back home and fresh off their first victory. It only took half the season, but we're finally making a comeback.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.