This Is the End Proves Florida Is the Apocalypse
In This Is the End, Seth Rogen, James Franco, and a handful of other famous funny people find themselves in the middle of the End Times. After the good people of the world ascend into Heaven via a Star Trek-esque blue beam, everyone else -- including pretty much every Hollywood actor you can name -- struggles to survive amid one seriously supernatural disaster.
Though the movie is set in L.A., the landscape of its final days looks a lot like, well, Florida. Here's how this summer's stoner movie proves that the Sunshine State truly is Hell on Earth.
1. It all starts with a sinkhole.
Kind of like this one that opened up in Tampa this past March:
2. Then things get really hot.
Kind of like summer in Miami:
via Jonathan Nettler/planetizen.com.
3. Can't nobody drive.
Florian SEROUSSI/Flickr CC
4. Survivors hoard bottled water.
Hurricane supplies, hello!
American Red Cross/Flickr CC
5. Suddenly: Giant reptiles!
Bow down and appease your python overlords now, Florida.
6. And finally -- spoiler alert -- cannibals.
This Is the End opens in Miami this Wednesday, June 12.
Follow Ciara LaVelle on Twitter @ciaralavelle.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema