The Twelve Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend
Photo by Michele Eve Sandberg.
Fourth of July weekend is finally here, and Miami offers everything from good, old-fashioned parades to a slew of parties like IndepenDance at Nikki Beach, Tiësto at LIV, and Rush Rush Red, White, and Blue at Rec Room. So put on America's colors and celebrate Independence Day weekend the Miami way. It only happens once a year.
Morillo is here to help you party like a patriot.
Courtesy of Erick Morillo
- Rush Rush Red, White, and Blue at Rec Room: Lazaro Mendez AKA DJ Laz is the man behind the decks at Rec Room's Red, White, and Blue bash.
- Erick Morillo at Story Nightclub: Not only will Story be celebrating the birth of this nation, but it will also be the birthday of the 305's biggest club rat and founder of Miami Marketing Group, David Gruntman.
Audio Junkie's Independence Day Bash at Churchill's Pub: Brothers Gregorio and Eduardo Alvarez are gathering all their musically-inclined stars-and-stripes-loving friends and putting together an Independence Day Bash jam-packed with live tuneage from Kenny Millions, the Gun Hoes, and a bunch of other bands.
Photo by Mayskyphoto / Shutterstock.com
- America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park: This patriotic blowout will feature a kids’ zone (to keep the little ones occupied while you hit up the Samuel Adams Beer Garden), live tunes, good eats, and the largest free fireworks show in all of South Florida.
- Key Biscayne 4th of July Parade at Crandon Boulevard: Pack up the chairs, sunscreen, and coolers and snag a spot early. The parade heads south on Crandon Boulevard from Harbor Drive to West Enid.
Grab your sneakers and celebrate America with a 5K.
Courtesy of SoleRUNNERS
SoleRUNNERS July 4th 5K at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park: Participants will enjoy an entirely new course at a lovely park, and finishers will score a unique “We Run Miami” logo medal. Only 500 participants are allowed in, so get there early.
- Strangers & Friends Fourth of July Celebration at Space: When you're surrounded by an army of strangers and friends decked out in stars-and-stripes, you'll be compelled to befriend your fellow party patriots and toast to freedom.
- Red, White & Booze Weekend at The Clevelander Hotel: Kicking things off with the famous Saturday Splash pool party and a patriotic-themed model showcase, guests will enjoy red, white, and blue drink specials all day. Leading into the evening, two rooftop parties will offer the best views of the Miami Beach and surrounding area fireworks shows.
Ain't no party like a red-white-and-blue party.
Photo by George Martinez/gmartnx.com
- Tiësto at LIV: Dutch-born DJ Tiësto was one of the first artists to take EDM mainstream in America and now he's with us celebrating the 4th all night long.
- IndepenDance at Nikki Beach: They've got a lineup of deep-house DJs guaranteed to keep you moving even when the fireworks start going off. Expect performances by Boris, Cocodrills, Vanjee, Patrick M, ALX, Allan Gallego, Bill Kelly, Donnie Lowe, Carabetta & Doons, Thinking of Us, Chiri, and Yander Delgado.
Sunday Brunch at Gigi's at Gigi: Adequately equipped to battle your July 4th hangover, Gigi's Sunday brunch offers steak and eggs, strawberry French toast, and eggs benedict.
- Backyard Boogie at Wood Tavern: Head to Wood Tavern to cleanse your palate with a good, old-fashioned barbecue, complete with plenty of booze
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.