The Ten Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
Photo by Alex Markow
The weekend is finally here, and this weekend the Magic City offers plenty of distraction. From Elton John's pop-piano ballads, Santana's guitar jams, to museum exhibitions, book readings and even a Asian culture festival. There's plenty to love this weekend.
Happy weekend, Miami.
- Elton John at American Airlines Arena: John's All the Hits tour celebrates the 40th anniversary of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and five decades of hit making.
- Xu Bing: Writing Between Heaven and Earth at Frost Art Museum:This solo exhibition presents the art of Xu Bing, a world renowned contemporary Chinese artist.
- Montage of Heck at O Cinema Miami Beach: The first authorized documentary about Nirvana frontman, Kurt Cobain, it premiers tonight at the Miami International Film Festival.
- Petra Mason & Lady Bunny at Books and Books:Author Petra Mason reads from her new book, Beefcake, "a Herculean collection of male nudes culled from vintage magazines of men for me." Mason will be joined by comedienne Lady Bunny.
- Cirquesco at Aventura Arts and Cultural Center: Sexy circus meets jaw-dropping gymnastic feats meets flirty burlesque.
- Carlos Santana at Trump National Doral Miami: The shoe designer returns to his original passion.
- Asian Culture Festival at Fruit and Spice Park: Folk and classical music and dance from Bangladesh, China, Japan, India, and Persia, Japanese flower arranging, origami, and more.
- Warhol & Wyeth: Behind the Scenes of the Factory Portraits at Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center: The exhibition is from the archives of photojournalist Stanley Tretick who photographed both Wyeth and Warhol.
- Carnaval on the Mile at Miracle Mile: The music festival returns for another year.
- Curator's Tour of "The Underline" at Coral Gables Museum:Drop in and enjoy a guided tour of "The Underline: Make it Yours" at 1 p.m., by exhibit organizer and founder of the Friends of the Underline, Meg Daly.
Follow us on Facebook at Miami New Times Arts & Culture.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.