The Ten Best Things To Do This Weekend in Miami
Courtesy of McCormick Place
Say what you will about the Magic City, there is never a lack of stuff to do on the weekends -- OK, things do tend to slow a bit through the sluggish summer heat. But next time you're whining about how bored you are, just think of those poor mid-Westerners, nothing but the plains to stare at until fall hits and they jump on hay rides or whatever they do out there.
Lucky for us, Miami's just getting warmed up (not literally, thank Christ; the heat is finally starting to break). The next three days are packed with cultural fun and festivals galore, so grab that stale Red Bull, some empanadas, and hit the ground running.
See also: DWNTWN Art Days: Ten Must-See Art Events
Courtesy of Marta Viciedo
- PARK(ing) Day: Pack a lunch and join one of ten mini pop-up parks.
- DWNTWN Art Days: Starting tonight, three days of 150 cultural events in Downtown Miami. Hydrate.
Courtesy of Rhythm Foundation
- Big Night in Little Haiti: Take in the food, music, and art of Haiti, with Jahfe and DJ Mack.
Courtesy of Circ X
- Circ X at Fillmore: Enjoy the sexy, burlesque fruits of this group's Kickstarter labor.
- LadyFest: Who run the world?
Photo by Cristian Pimimo Baradit
- Chilean Festival: Celebrate Chile's 13th year of independence.
- Miami Marlins vs. Washington Nationals: Cheer on the Marlins with the Pachanga Band for Hispanic Heritage Night.
- Louis Salgar Benefit Show: Grab a Rosemary's Baby to toast the late bartender and musician at this memorial concert and fundraiser.
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Miami Dolphins: Your name is offensive, Kansas City. We win.
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown: Young Professionals
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 2:00pm
Miami Curves Week Presents: Curves & Comedy
TicketsFri., Jul. 21, 9:00pm
TicketsSat., Aug. 5, 8:00pm
TicketsWed., Oct. 11, 6:30pm
Jim Gaffigan: Noble Ape Tour
TicketsFri., Dec. 29, 8:00pm
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.