Even through the relative standstill of sticky summer, Miami keeps getting more fun. Sure, our pervasive public transit problems and economic woes haven't been tackled head-on, but Brickell's getting a dine-in cinema! Wynwood's getting a greenhouse-inspired park! Don't harsh the mellow, cynics. Take the recreational wins.
While these exciting additions to Miami are a long way off, there's a weekend full of entertainment right around the corner. Let the beer, manly burlesque, and concerts guide your way.
- Child of God at Miami Beach Cinematheque: Meet star Scott Haze, who will discuss the film that "makes No Country for Old Men seem lightweight."
- David Castillo Gallery Opening: Check the new Miami Beach digs of this top gallery.
- Pandamonium Party at Rec Room: For the inner kid (or repressed furries) in us all.
- Hurly Burly Burlesque at Gramps: Bask in epic chest hair of South Florida's sole male burlesque troupe.
- Cassette Store Day Festival: Exclusive music releases with an old-school nod.
- Miami Jouvert: Drunken, paint-covered fun all night long.
Courtesy Miami Dade College's Confucius Institute
- Confucius Day at Miami-Dade College: Chinese refreshments (and culture, of course) for free.
- WOBtoberfest: Midtown World of Beer's day-long feast of brew and brats.
- Belle & Sebastian at The Fillmore: Welcome the beloved musical Scots to our shores.
- Brickell Fashion Market: Drop cash at 40-plus stalls of design.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.