The Ten Best Things To Do This Weekend in Miami
The men of Hurly Burly Burlesque make their Miami debut at Gramps.
Photo by Christina Mendenhall
Even through the relative standstill of sticky summer, Miami keeps getting more fun. Sure, our pervasive public transit problems and economic woes haven't been tackled head-on, but Brickell's getting a dine-in cinema! Wynwood's getting a greenhouse-inspired park! Don't harsh the mellow, cynics. Take the recreational wins.
While these exciting additions to Miami are a long way off, there's a weekend full of entertainment right around the corner. Let the beer, manly burlesque, and concerts guide your way.
- Child of God at Miami Beach Cinematheque: Meet star Scott Haze, who will discuss the film that "makes No Country for Old Men seem lightweight."
- David Castillo Gallery Opening: Check the new Miami Beach digs of this top gallery.
- Pandamonium Party at Rec Room: For the inner kid (or repressed furries) in us all.
- Hurly Burly Burlesque at Gramps: Bask in epic chest hair of South Florida's sole male burlesque troupe.
- Cassette Store Day Festival: Exclusive music releases with an old-school nod.
- Miami Jouvert: Drunken, paint-covered fun all night long.
Courtesy Miami Dade College's Confucius Institute
- Confucius Day at Miami-Dade College: Chinese refreshments (and culture, of course) for free.
- WOBtoberfest: Midtown World of Beer's day-long feast of brew and brats.
- Belle & Sebastian at The Fillmore: Welcome the beloved musical Scots to our shores.
- Brickell Fashion Market: Drop cash at 40-plus stalls of design.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.