You made it. Sure, you may still be working through the ear-buzzing
hangover aftermath of III Points, but you made it through nonetheless. And if you were one of those poor souls trapped on the airport tram this week, with stifling heat and a baby Jesus doll, you deserve the sweet taste of freedom and booze more than anybody.
The point is, life can be unstable -- as unstable as the weak-ass Venetian Causeway that'll close down and make everybody miserable next spring. But through the trials and traffic, you can always count on Miami for one thing: weekends full of music, parties, culture, and much-needed cocktails.
See also: III Points 2014: Winners & Losers
- Monster Masquerade at Zoo Miami: Sip Bat Bites by Bacardi in your hottest Halloween gear.
- MIFFecito at Tower Theater: Get a taste of Miami Film Fest this weekend.
- Red Bull Siempre Fresco at Grand Central: A weekend-long fiesta of DJs and salsa legends.
- Seed Food and Wine Festival: Hours of beer, wine, and plant-based grub, with vegan celebs like Alicia Silverstone, John Salley, and others.
- Christy Gast at Diet: Go on the road with the artist's portraits, from the Rio Grande to Ohio.
- Daydreaming with Jean in the Design District: A site-specific performance by Miami choreographer Marissa Alma Nick, who lost her Grandma Jean to dementia.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Coconut Grove Seafood Festival at Peacock Park: All the stone crab you can handle, plus chef Ralph Pagano's famous tacos.