Though August was a rough ride, it had some bright moments: Miami finally got its very own IKEA, Burger King is making Canadians everywhere cry, and Pam Bondi's motion to freeze marriage equality cases in the courts got denied in her FACE.
Let's carry all of this awesome through the weekend.
- Churchill's Turns 35: Celebrate three decades of no-bullshit live shows all weekend.
- Bizerq: Wood Tavern's Cesar Morales opens his new nightclub.
- Slash at Hard Rock Live: Get your face slashed by the guitar legend.
- Floatopia 2014: The biannual celebration of floaties, beer koozies, and chillaxing on the waves. And we'll all float on...
- Declaration of Dance: Twerk from noon till dawn on Nikki Beach.
- Calvin Harris at LIV: Uhntz it up with the pretty-boy EDM star.
- Catwalk: A Night of Vogue: Work me, goddammit.
- Laidback Luke at Story: Party with the DJ superstar/kung-fu master.
- Festival de Cante Flamenco: Flamenco music is the star of this Spanish dance festival.
Monday (Labor Day)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- South Beach Bike Week: Close out your weekend with some bike bar-hopping and classic rock.
- Free Tours at PAMM: The museum offers free exhibition tours led by museum guides Labor Day at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and visitors who travel by Metromover will receive free museum admission.
- Marlins vs. Mets: Here's hoping Alvarez gets his swagger back.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.