The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend: Labor Day Edition
Sweet float, brah!
Photo by Laura Morcate
Though August was a rough ride, it had some bright moments: Miami finally got its very own IKEA, Burger King is making Canadians everywhere cry, and Pam Bondi's motion to freeze marriage equality cases in the courts got denied in her FACE.
Let's carry all of this awesome through the weekend.
Photo by Alex Broadwell
- Churchill's Turns 35: Celebrate three decades of no-bullshit live shows all weekend.
Photo by Jose D. Duran
- Bizerq: Wood Tavern's Cesar Morales opens his new nightclub.
- Slash at Hard Rock Live: Get your face slashed by the guitar legend.
Floats make everyone happy -- especially this dude.
Photo by Laura Morcate
- Floatopia 2014: The biannual celebration of floaties, beer koozies, and chillaxing on the waves. And we'll all float on...
- Declaration of Dance: Twerk from noon till dawn on Nikki Beach.
- Calvin Harris at LIV: Uhntz it up with the pretty-boy EDM star.
Photo by Karli Evans
- Catwalk: A Night of Vogue: Work me, goddammit.
- Laidback Luke at Story: Party with the DJ superstar/kung-fu master.
- Festival de Cante Flamenco: Flamenco music is the star of this Spanish dance festival.
Photo by George Martinez
Monday (Labor Day)
- South Beach Bike Week: Close out your weekend with some bike bar-hopping and classic rock.
- Free Tours at PAMM: The museum offers free exhibition tours led by museum guides Labor Day at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and visitors who travel by Metromover will receive free museum admission.
- Marlins vs. Mets: Here's hoping Alvarez gets his swagger back.
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown: Young Professionals
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 2:00pm
Miami Curves Week Presents: Curves & Comedy
TicketsFri., Jul. 21, 9:00pm
TicketsSat., Aug. 5, 8:00pm
TicketsWed., Oct. 11, 6:30pm
Jim Gaffigan: Noble Ape Tour
TicketsFri., Dec. 29, 8:00pm
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.