The Ten Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend
Refreshing weekend drinkin'
Photo by Karli Evans
The weekend is here! And as always, the Magic City has plenty to keep you entertained. From touring Broadway plays to music, dance, book readings and more. There's a little bit of something for everyone.
So stay cool and stay dry. Happy weekend, Miami.
- SunFest at West Palm Beach: Sure it's in West Palm Beach, but the five-day music fest makes it worth the drive.
- Beats After Sunset at Bass Museum of Art: The art-and-music filled happy hour returns for another Friday.
- Rent at Aventura Arts and Cultural Center: See the story of a group of friends living in New York City fighting to make ends meet and looking for love all while trying to pay their rent.
- First Friday Art Walk at Downtown Miami: Artist receptions, art talks, film screenings, and musical entertainment. Leave your car at home and take the Metromover.
- Elliot Ackerman at Books & Books: Ackerman reads from his debut novel, Green on Blue.
- RUBBERBANDance Group at Miami-Dade County Auditorium: The Montreal-based troupe blends influences of contemporary ballet and urban dance.
- Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies at Marlins Park: The hometown team takes on the broken down Phillies.
- 9th Annual All Kids Included Family Arts Festival at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: From concerts to culture to outdoor activities, the day-long lineup of events is tailored to kids with and without disabilities, so no one is left out.
Video games go highbrow.
Courtesy Legend of Zelda
- The Steinway & Sons Piano Extravaganza at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: The Miami Symphony Orchestra performs and Eduardo Marturet directs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses-Master Quest at James L. Knight Center: Music from the classic video game played by an orchestra. Video games have never been classier.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.