The Ten Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend
Ready for the weekend.
Photo by Monica McGivern
Finally, the weekend is here. This weekend offers a diversity of choices for the residents of this fine town: poetry, museums, music, and musicals. Whatever you could possibly want to do, you can do it this weekend in Miami. So get out there and enjoy your 48 hours of freedom, you've earned it.
Happy weekend, Miami.
Literary journals galore
Courtesy of O, Miami
- Jai-alai Magazine Issue #4 Release Party at Art Center South Florida: The event will feature food and drinks as well as readings by a number of Miami-based writers, including Carlos Pintado and Sarah Trudgeon, and Cuban poets Lleny Díaz Valdivia and María Elena Hernández Caballero.
- MOA+D TOTS at MDC Museum of Art: A fun-filled activity for your baby Picasso.
Courtesy of Bravo
- AC2: Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen at The Fillmore: The Real Housewife impresario sits down with cable news' silver fox.
- Speed Friending at Gramps: Make friends and make 'em fast.
- Cinderella at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: The familiar tale gets a stage makeover.
- Galaxy Gala at the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum: Get up-to-date on the progress of the state-of-the-art museum’s development, which has been under construction in downtown Miami’s Museum Park.
- Idan Rachiel Project at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: The Tel Aviv native blends jazz, Ethiopian, Israeli, and Arabinfluences into soft melodies.
Bring home the bacon
Courtesy of Cochon 555