The weekend is finally here, and are we happy to see it. This go-round, the Magic City offers some of its finest local talent, from the anticipated premiere of Miami City Ballet's Heatscape; the often-surreal Otto von Schirach; O, Miami's techy take on poetry; and Miami Beach's annual Gay Pride Parade. There's plenty for everyone.
Happy weekend, Miami.
Miami City Ballet: Points of Departure at Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: The performance will include the world premiere of Heatscape, a dance adventure paired with art design by legendary creative Shepard Fairey.
- Fadenfest at LMNT: Trick Daddy and Otto von Schirach will perform at what's essentially some bro's birthday party. But it looks like it'll be a damn good party.
O, Miami Poetry Texting Workshop at the Chill Concept: Poet Elizabeth Jacobson will lead this two-hour session marrying the mundane, communicative act of texting and the beauty of poetic collaboration.
- Heart at LIV: What about love? Ann and Nancy Wilson will sing their hearts out.
- Spring Fling in the Magic City at Lincoln Road Parking Garage: Party your heart out while raising money for Locust Projects.
- Miami Riverday Festival at Lummus Park Historic District: The daylong event is dedicated to the history and culture of the city’s winding waterway and will feature boat tours, live music, and food and drink vendors.
- Eclectica at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: The trio includes drummer Roy "Futureman" Wooten, bassist Steve Forrest, and electric violinist Tracy Silverman.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Acoustic Bicycle Tour at SoundScape Park: The Acoustic Bicycle Tour — part poetic composition, performance-art piece, and philosophical statement — will cruise Miami's bike-unfriendly streets.
- "Warhol & Wyeth: Behind the Scenes of the Factory Portrait" at Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center: The exhibition of photojournalist's Stanley Tretick's photographs of the Warhol Factory is small and intimate yet worth the time.
- Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade in South Beach: The parade will begin at Fifth Street and Ocean Drive and travel north to 15th Street. Grand marshal Mario Lopez will lead the celebration.