The weekend is finally here, Miami. And, as always, the Magic City offers plenty to keep you entertained. Ultra brings its dizzying thump-thump to town starting on Friday, but if EDM isn't your thing, then there's classical music, literary festivals, modern dance and more.
Enjoy your weekend, you've earned it.
Never ending EDM
Courtesy of Ultra
- Ultra Music Festival at Bayfront Park: Three stages and seven days of EDM starts today.
- Odiesa at Dance Now Miami: The narrative dance tells the physical, spiritual, and emotional journey of 23 Jews fleeing persecution in 1654 Recife, Brazil, and their ultimate settlement in New Amsterdam.
Photo by Catalina Ayubi
- CreativeMornings at Canvas: A free monthly breakfast lecture series for creative types that includes a 20-minute talk, fresh brew, and breakfast bites provided by Mad Chiller.
- Ariana Grande at American Airlines Arena: Ariana's gonna show you how to graduate.
- Escribe Aqui at The Betsy: A celebration of Ibero-American authors, Escribe Aqui! (“Write Here”) brings the often-marginalized literary voices of authors to the Miami public to share cross-cultural concepts and ideas.
Spring Has Sprung at Miami Children's Museum: A spring formal for your little one featuring hors d’oeuvres, DIY Venetian masks, and photo booth to capture all those cute, smiling faces.
Courtesy of North Dade Regional Library
- Storytelling Miami at North Dade Regional Library: This family-friendly festival is an all-day adventure through art, culture, and intriguing tales.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Courtesy of Orchestra Miami
- Miami Heat vs. Detroit Pistons at American Airlines Arena: Watch the hometown Heat take on Detroit. Tip off at 6 p.m.
- Beethoven on the Beach at Heritage Park: If Ultra isn't your thing, then catch Orchestra Miami playing Beethoven and a host of other popular selections.
- Deering Seafood Festival at Deering Estate: Featuring dishes from Devon Seafood + Steak, Whole Foods Market, Asian Fusion, Bistro Foly, Paella Party, Fancy Loaf, Incredible Fish, and others.