The Ten Best Things to Do In Miami This Weekend
OMG! It's the weekend! It's a lifesaver, right? Our week started that awful downhill decline right around Wednesday. In other words, we could really use a drink.
Time to take advantage of the next two days. There's so much on our weekly schedule for you, you won't know what to do with all the choices.
Except, you know... go to them.
Here are the ten best things to do in the Magic City.
- Eccentrix Sound: Black Chiney (like, a person of Jamaican and Chinese descent). We know, the name's kind of funny, but they make music.
- Radioboxer Showcase: Their music has been dubbed bipolar power pop. Umm... bring water.
- Geico Motorcycle AMA Pro Racing Championship Series: Fridays are good vroom-vroom days.
- Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill: Yes, we totally thought this was a place before looking it up. But Billie Holiday probably forgives us, and just wants us to see this play about her.
- Ruben Blades: Who doesn't love a little Saturday night Blade run?
- No Kill: Animals, hot models, and fashion. Now you don't have an excuse to miss this.
- Miami J'ouvert: It's a paint party, so dress accordingly (or not at all. Hmm...)
- Pillowtalk (Live): Come and get your Saturday uhntz-uhntz/electro-boogie/doo-wop fix. Don't be shy.
- Big Poppa E Tribute Concert: Tons of musicians are getting together in honor of the pops of blues.
- Tailgate 32 These two brothers are really into tailgating, and they wanna talk to you.
TicketsFri., Oct. 28, 10:00pm
TicketsFri., Oct. 28, 11:00pm
Improvisate! Clases De Teatro Improvisado En Espanol
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 4:00pm
Trailer Park Boys: Ricky, Julian And Bubbles
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 7:30pm
Fearprov 13 -- Halloween Improv and Sketch Special
TicketsSat., Oct. 29, 9:00pm
Follow Alex on Twitter @ARodWrites.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.