The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
So, President Obama supports gay marriage.
He just moved up 69 cool points in our book, y'all!
Even better news than that, though, is this: It's finally Friday. At long last, we can kiss the last four days of torture goodbye. In about six hours, you'll be free to partake in any debaucheries you choose. Participate to your heart's content (no, really, we strongly encourage it). Ah, the weekend. Perhaps celebrate our nation's queerness with extra short shorts, eh?
What ever scandalous apparel you decide to don, here are the 10 best things to do in the Big Mango this weekend. Get scantily clad, y'all! And word to your mother (because Sunday is Mother's Day).
- Ninth Annual Cuba Libre Block Party: It'll be a tremenda pachanga by all measures.
- Flock of Seagulls: It's almost frightening how excited we are to relive the '80s tonight.
- Hamlet, Prince of Cuba: This time, the skull in his hand has a Cuban cigar and Hamlet's wearing a guayabera.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: We've missed the last two Art Walks (instead, we did the Walk of Shame).
- DJ Fucked-Up: His name just makes you want to scream it from the top of your lungs at church.
- Afrobeta Live - Art Walk Edition: Do you party?
- Tango Conspiracy: It's tango time, Roxanne. Get your red dress on, girl.
- Mother's Day Brunch: We've got options for the cheap mom, the magical mom, and the cougar mom.
- Gospel Brunch: Dress in drag for Jesus! (And take mom, too!)
- Shark!: If we'd seen this exhibit before all four Jaws movies, we wouldn't be as afraid.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.