The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
You can still smash the Spurs. Kind of.
You know what? Let's not even talk about it.
The utter trouncing of the Miami Heat last night? Not interested. Wade going one-of-10 in the first three quarters? No need to discuss. The amount of booze it took to wash it all down last night? Do not want.
Let's focus on happy things instead: The weekend is here, Miami is packed with stuff to do, and one of them involves smashing giant piñatas for fun. They're supposed to symbolize debt, but nobody will know if you imagine Tony Parker's face instead.
Laundry and Bourbon and Lone Star
- Worries Are The New Pinatas: Fuck your debt. Or at least smash it to smithereens in this workshop with artist Cassie Thornton.
- Laundry and Bourbon and Lone Star: Don't mess with drunk Texas.
- Jazid's 18th Anniversary: If this South Beach institution were a person, it'd be able to legally buy porn. Celebrate with Jahfe and MOB.
- Marlins vs. Pirates: Pro tip: "Yinz" is the Western Pennsylvania equivalent of "y'all." As in, "Yinz is going down, suckahs."
- Brontis Jodorowsky: The son of film legend Alejandro Jodorowsky presents his father's film at Miami Beach Cinematheque. Expect the weirds.
- Wynwood Art Walk: Throw your hair in rollers and stroll through the rain.
- Bare Bones: Amorphous personal danceytimes at MTC.
- "I Shook Up The World": HistoryMiami's exhibit commemorating the epic Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston fight in Miami Beach ends today.
- Father's Day: The guy raised your sorry ass. The least you can do is buy him brunch.
- Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs, Game Five: #stressballs
Dollhouse Dance Factory: Bring It! Live
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 8:00pm
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 8:30pm
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown: Young Professionals
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 2:00pm
Big Band Concerts with the Florida Wind Symphony
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 7:00pm
Miami Curves Week Presents: Curves & Comedy
TicketsFri., Jul. 21, 9:00pm
Follow Ciara LaVelle on Twitter @ciaralavelle.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.