Hey, y'all, guess what? It's Friday!
But, today isn't just any Friday. No, no. This day rolls around only once a year. (That "roll" pun was intended, by the way.) It's April 20, otherwise known as 4/20, man. It is the only day on the great American calendar that gives us the excuse to walk into work 200 percent blazed.
For the next 24 hours, the good citizens of Miami will be smoking, and eating, and smoking some more. While we don't condone the outright illegality of marijuana, we're not shy enough to say things won't be a little, shall we say, laid back today.
So, here's to a prosperous high holy day for you all. Don't worry,
we'll be celebrating we're already celebrating with you too.
If you're not too blasted to move after today, here are the 10 best things to do in our smoked up city this weekend.
- The Bank Presents: DJ ClassiK: This young DJ was 305-bred and matzo-fed. Plus: Free drinks, y'all!
- Le Courperet (The Ax): Bud, sex, and croissants. That's living.
- Rammstein: Sprechen sie Deutsch? We don't either. But Rammstein does.
- Stoners 4/20 Party: Aw, how sweet! They're throwing a party... just for us!
- New World Symphony's New Work Friday Concert: Visiting O, Miami poet Malachi Black teams up with the musicians for one classy Friday night.
- Blues, Brews, & Barbecue Festival: It'll be your groggiest day of the year. Go get some 'cue.
- Sex in South Beach: Sex. That's all.
- Paul Oakenfold: Watch the master at play.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Annual Vintage Clearance Yard Sale: Raid the closets and then throw a Tupperware party.
- Dick Dale Live in Concert: He diddles those guitar strings like Katy Perry diddles her skittle. What?