The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Photo by Kristina Camara
Suck it in, push 'em up, and strip down. Swim Week is here.
Don't be surprised if you notice more beautiful people than usual while you're partying this weekend, especially if you're bar hopping in South Beach. Bikini models, fashion bloggers, and industry buyers alike will be putting their best faces on (with loads of waterproof mascara, we assume) for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
Of course, if you live in Miami year-round, you know that hot chicks in bikinis aren't exactly unicorns down here. So you might want to mix some live music, theater, or comedy into this weekend's model-hunting itinerary.
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim: Did we mention it's Swim Week? And you can go?
- Dave Williamson: Open Stage Club hosts the local comic, 2012's New Times Best Comedian.
- The Weeknd: The Weeknd on the weekend? How can you not?
- Analog Art 2: Miami artists band together to blend music and art for the second year running.
- SELF Music Fest: DJ Alexandra Richards, Wild Cub, and ASTR headline a night of magaziney music at Soho Beach House.
- Lil' Boosie: Callin' Baton Rouge! (Yes, that is a Garth Brooks reference in relation to Lil' Boosie.)
- Burlesque Magnifique: Between the bikini babes of Swim Week and Erika Moon's striptease show, it's a good weekend for showing some skin on South Beach.
- The Whale: Meanwhile, in the Gables, we have a play about a morbidly obese guy. Your call.
- Colombian Independence Festival: Viva Colombia!
- Miami Dodgeball Beta Tournament: Screw the rain and stay active even though it's 90 degrees and 100 percent humidity outside.
Follow Ciara on Twitter @ciaralavelle.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.