Love is in the air, and come Sunday, a bunch of kites.
Yes, whether you're a mushy puddle of sensitivity or a hardened rock of apathy, Miami's got tons for you to do on this amorous President's Day Weekend. Two of the city's most exciting arts festivals are under way, and one of the biggest marine-life gatherings is here to rock your world.
We've got some great comedy coming through town and a few local groups making their singing debut. So don't sit around your house in your pajamas all weekend. Think about how the rest of the country can't even step outside. Enjoy the sun and check out these great events.
- International Boat Show Festivities kicked off Thursday, but you've got through Monday to show up and show off.
- Lewis Black The funniest angry man - or angriest funnyman - is back in rare form. Show your intelligent sweetie with the sense of humor that you've got good taste.
- Coconut Grove Art Festival The longest-running art celebration in Miami returns with 380 artists from around the globe.
- Art Wynwood Meanwhile, Miami's latest art hotspot kicks its President's Weekend art fest into high gear with showings from 70 international galleries.
- Viva Paris International If dark comedy isn't you thing, maybe some traditional Parisian dancing will get you in the mood.
- Araabmuzik and Friends You've never seen a man destroy an MPC the way this guy will. He's bringing some of his best buddies to heat things up, so come early.
- For the Love of Song Just the Funny unveils their latest Improv attack-plan mixing musicality and humor. Think Who's Line is it Anyway with songs.
- West Side Story Suite Check out the new tricks on Miami City Ballet. Yeah, those dancers can really sing!
- Kite Day Bring your friends, your kids, your friends' kids and everyone you know. Only a douchebag won't enjoy this festival of kites.
- YoungArts Miami Come see what the next generation of Miami creative is up to, featuring the work of 100 rising stars.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Follow Kat Bein on Twitter @KatSaysKill.