The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Damn, you guys. What a rough week.
It should've been easy. For many, the Memorial Day holiday meant that the work week was only four days long. But in that time, we lost a local pin-up legend and an inspiring literary voice. Many still haven't recovered from the ending of an era at Churchill's. There's a battle waging over at MOCA. And David Beckham's soccer stadium plans already stink of environmental corruption.
It's a hell of a lot easier to be a dog in Miami lately.
But here's the silver lining: the weekend starts today, giving you ample opportunities to drink, dance, play, and shop the pain away. Here are the ten best ways to do just that.
- New Times Beer Pong Tournament and Miami Heat Watch Party: Play pong, win $500, and watch the Heat battle for Game Six.
- South Florida Boat Show: Get on a boat at the Convention Center, and before long you'll be ridin' on a dolphin, doin' flips 'n shit.
- [title of show]: What do you do when writer's block strikes? Write about it.
- The X Run: Get down and dirty at this sex-themed mud run.
- McDonald's Fashion Show: McDonald's on Lincoln Road hosts a reopening event with a runway. No, really.
- Feel the Force: Prep for hurricane season at MiaSci. Hey, it beats waiting two hours in line at Publix for bottled water.
- Karma Seeds That Feed: Yoga for a cause: the Verde Gardens Community Farm and Market.
- Morrissey: Oh cheer up already.
- B.o.B: The rapper and his "Airplanes" touch down at Marlins Park after the afternoon game against Atlanta.
- Average Joe Art Sale: Shop for art bargains to the tunes of Cog Nomen.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.