The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Damn, you guys. What a rough week.
It should've been easy. For many, the Memorial Day holiday meant that the work week was only four days long. But in that time, we lost a local pin-up legend and an inspiring literary voice. Many still haven't recovered from the ending of an era at Churchill's. There's a battle waging over at MOCA. And David Beckham's soccer stadium plans already stink of environmental corruption.
It's a hell of a lot easier to be a dog in Miami lately.
But here's the silver lining: the weekend starts today, giving you ample opportunities to drink, dance, play, and shop the pain away. Here are the ten best ways to do just that.
- New Times Beer Pong Tournament and Miami Heat Watch Party: Play pong, win $500, and watch the Heat battle for Game Six.
- South Florida Boat Show: Get on a boat at the Convention Center, and before long you'll be ridin' on a dolphin, doin' flips 'n shit.
- [title of show]: What do you do when writer's block strikes? Write about it.
10th Annual Memorial Weekend Comedy Festival
TicketsSun., May. 28, 8:00pm
Young Contemporary Dance Theatre
TicketsSat., Jun. 3, 6:00pm
The 8th Baila Flamenco Student Dance Festival
TicketsSun., Jun. 4, 1:00pm
Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami
TicketsSat., Jun. 10, 8:00pm
TicketsSun., Jun. 11, 6:00pm
- The X Run: Get down and dirty at this sex-themed mud run.
- McDonald's Fashion Show: McDonald's on Lincoln Road hosts a reopening event with a runway. No, really.
- Feel the Force: Prep for hurricane season at MiaSci. Hey, it beats waiting two hours in line at Publix for bottled water.
- Karma Seeds That Feed: Yoga for a cause: the Verde Gardens Community Farm and Market.
- Morrissey: Oh cheer up already.
- B.o.B: The rapper and his "Airplanes" touch down at Marlins Park after the afternoon game against Atlanta.
- Average Joe Art Sale: Shop for art bargains to the tunes of Cog Nomen.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.