The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Sweet zombie Jesus! It's Friday, y'all! You know what that means: let's fast!
Okay, so maybe we're not all fasting for Passover Seder tonight. Maybe the rest of us are greatly anticipating what the Easter bunny will bring to our backyards Sunday morning. You better hope it's not steamy and brown, that's all we're sayin'.
The clock is ticking, kids. And when the clock strikes 5:00 today, you'll officially have a little over 48 hours to do what you wish with your hooligan selves. You could be totally innocent and only take part in religious festivities. Or you could be like us: get wasted the nights before and then go to religious festivities. Yep, you get the best of both worlds that way.
Alcohol and rabbit poo aside, here are the 10 best things to do in this holy city of ours.
- Raekwon w. Freddie Gibbs, JD Era, Kofi Black: Admit it: there's a wannabe rapper inside the 1995 versions of all of us.
- Sobe Rock Invasion: It's time to put down that Guitar Hero and live like a legend this weekend.
- The Kid With a Bike: We have bikes, too - but this kid is probably cooler.
- Soul Fest 2012: Need a church for Good Friday? Churchill's is the spot for unholiness today.
- Florida Strikers vs. FC Edmonton: Hot, sweaty Canadians? Yes.
- Andrew W.K.: Does the W stand for Waka? As in, Waka Flocka? You never know.
- Pop-up Roller Rink: Unleash your inner Olivia Newton-John and conga your way to a world record.
- Pink Martini: Pretty sure you can make a martini pink by adding pink cotton candy to it -- fun fact.
- Easter Sunday Gospel Brunch: Cross dress for Christ, honey.
- Zoo Miami Egg Hunt: Bunny Foo Foo teamed up with the rest of the zoo for a biiiiiiiig surprise, kids!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.