The weekend is finally here, and it's not your typical weekend, the holiday weekend affords you the opportunity to see even more of the 305 (assuming that you're staying in town). This weekend offers plenty of diversions, from dance to baseball, outdoor events and more. Plus, the king and queen of Miami — Trick Daddy and Trina — close out the weekend at Story.
Enjoy your long weekend and live it up, Miami.
Rosario Flores at The Fillmore Miami Beach: The Spanish singer/songwriter performs her diverse music spanning rumba, flamenco, bossa nova, gipsy soul, and even straightforward rock.
- El Padre at Miami-Dade County Auditorium: Ballet Flamenco La Rosa will close out the 2015 Miami Dance Festival with debut of the original flamenco ballet, El Padre. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at Miami-Dade County Auditorium.
- LEAF (Let’s Explore at Fairchild) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: Fairchild offers its bimonthly LEAF (Let’s Explore at Fairchild) this Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The event provides kids with the opportunity to learn about the botanical preserve and broader ecological preservation.
Miami Marlins vs. Baltimore Orioles at Marlins Park: The long weekend is the perfect time to take in a baseball game. Eat a hot dog or two and watch the Marlins (probably) lose to the Orioles.
- Best of the Best Concert at Bayfront Park: The reggae-centric celebration that marks its ninth Memorial Day Weekend edition at Bayfront Park on Sunday, May 24.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Coral Gables Waterway Canoe Tour at A.D. "Doug" Barnes Park: Guides will take you back to the days of George Merrick (planner and builder of Coral Gables), the town’s formative years, and the heyday of the iconic, charming Biltmore Hotel. You’ll see wildlife, unique natural sights, and lots of landmarks as you enjoy a breezy paddle through the area’s canals.
- 305 Finale with Trick Daddy and Trina at Story Nightclub: Da Mayor and Da Baddest Bitch in Miami? Yes, this is the perfect way to end your Memorial Day weekend.