The Best Things To Do This Weekend in Miami
Ready for the weekend
Photo by Alex Markow
The weekend is finally here, and you've earned your time to kick back and unwind. This weekend, Miami offers up some warm weather-appropriate entertainment, from theater (indoor to keep you cool), to getting drunk at Zoo Miami. Don't forget that Sunday is Mother's Day, so make sure to treat the woman who brought you into the world.
Happy weekend, Miami.
Courtesy of Gallery Diet
- Katie Stout and Michael Clifford at Gallery Diet: In the sea of new gallery offerings, Katie Stout's solo at Gallery Diet, "Docile/Domicile/Dandy," seems like the best bet. The gallery also opens a show by Miami-based artist Michael Clifford.
- Romeo & Juliet at YoungArts: The Bard’s tragedy is re-created by playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney and Andrew Hevia.
- Creatures of the Night at Greynolds Park: Naturalists will guide you through the nature trails of Greynolds Park as you seek out Easter screech owls, raccoons, night spiders, and other local residents.
Get your party animal on
Photo by George Martinez
Jazz Spring Fest at African Heritage Cultural Arts Center: The festival will pair young student musicians with jazz veterans for an educational, enjoyable, and enlightening afternoon of fun, music, and food.
- Brew at the Zoo at Zoo Miami: The sixth annual Miami New Times event offers samplings from some of South Florida's best craft breweries.
- Rum and Coke at MDC Museum of Art and Design: The English performance of Carmen Peláez's one-woman play.
Your mom would love this place
Courtesy of Deering Estate
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.