The Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend: Halloween 2015 Edition
Photo by George Martinez
The best time of the week is finally here: the weekend. Miami offers just about every activity this Hallo-weekend. On the music front, you can catch Calvin Harris at Miami International Mall, Ben Folds at Gusman Concert Hall, Gesaffelstein at Heart Nightclub, and Cedric Gervais at LIV. Start Halloween early at the annual Halloween Sundowner at Vizcaya, with a night of food, drinks, and live music from improvisational band Spam Allstars and DJ A-Train. Or check out Coral Gables’ annual Halloween extravaganza with everything from face-painting to photo ops to ridiculously adorable dogs in costume.
Here's a glimpse at what our city has to offer this Halloween weekend, so get up and get ready for another memorable, Miami-style weekend.
Courtesy of Vizcaya
- Halloween Sundowner at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: The annual Halloween Sundowner promises a night of food, drinks, and live music from improvisational band Spam Allstars and DJ A-Train. In addition to the scenic views of Biscayne Bay, the event’s biggest draw is its epic costume contest, which includes three categories: best male, best female, and best group costumes.
- SAVE Halloween 21 at Magic City Casino: You’ve been to Pride Parade, right? It should go without saying that an LGBTQ-supportive Halloween party is one for the books, and any chance you get to mix pleasure with charity is a double-whammy of awesome. For more than two decades, the SAVE Foundation has celebrated Halloween with an all-out ghastly bash, and this year’s edition is prepped to be a blowout.
Courtesy of Facebook.com/calvinharris
- Calvin Harris at Miami International Mall: While T-Swift is busy touring the globe and selling out arenas on her 1989 World Tour, the starlet's former flame will be spinning records in a Doral parking lot. Specifically, at the Miami International Mall's parking lot for the annual House of Horror.
Photo by Allan Amato
- Ben Folds at Gusman Concert Hall: His newly released album, So There, concludes with what might be his most ambitious move yet — a three-part, 20-minute symphonic piece named simply "Concerto for Piano and Orchestra." Folds will perform that concerto with the University of Miami's Henry Mancini Institute Orchestra this Friday in one of only two performances of the kind he'll make this year.
- Gesaffelstein at Heart Nightclub: This will be Heart's first Halloween ever. And the new Park West nightclub is celebrating in style with some help from Gesaffelstein and what we assume will be a small army of barely dressed Miamians.
- Halloween on the Mile at Miracle Mile: This year, mix it up and go where the family-friendly action is: Halloween on the Mile. Coral Gables’ annual Halloween extravaganza has everything from face-painting to photo ops to ridiculously adorable dogs in costume. It’s an afternoon and evening of nonstop entertainment, and you’ll be free to enjoy without the colossal candy bill.
Heroes and Villains Halloween Pool Party at Surfcomber Hotel: At the Surfcomber's poolside
spook bash, the heroes and villains of the 305 will convene for a battle of good versus evil. Lead by DJ Irie, the fate of our city will lie in their hands. But as lovers of all things fun, we're pretty sure both friends and foes will put aside their superpowers for the day and turn up!
United Talent Agency
- James Bond Halloween Party at Rec Room: Late-night lounge Rec Room will host Brooklyn producer and DJ Sammy Bananas. The Fool’s Gold veteran brings a sleek, funky style full of quirky grooves, a healthy obsession with pop music, and a resumé that includes remixes for the likes of Chromeo and Maroon 5.
- Halloween Night: Nelly at E11even Miami: Nelly's got "The Fix" for you this Halloween, and it comes in the form of smooth, sexy beats, bright lights, and boozy treats. All you have to do is check out the Louisville rapper, who recently dropped his latest single with Jeremih, at E11even this week.
Courtesy of Cedric Gervais
Cedric Gervais' Slumber Party Massacre Sh!t Show at LIV: It's all fun and games until creepy dolls and bloody Teddy bears are involved. So get ready for the ultimate Slumber Party Massacre as the 305's Grammy-nominated beat mixer, Cedric Gervais, brings his Halloween-themed Sh!t Show to LIV. Always full of surprises, Gervais definitely knows how to throw one hell of a
- Strangers & Friends Halloween at Space: There's no such thing as strangers — only friends you haven't met yet. So go wild and let loose with Erick Morillo and your brand new monster, Batman, Superwoman, and Star Wars buddies at Space.
- Nightmare on the Beach: The Battle of Heaven & Hell at Lummus Park South Beach: With DJ Willy Monfret, tickets include top shelf cocktails, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages during the event, as well as samples from sponsoring restaurant and catering partners. All proceeds benefit the Little Lighthouse Foundation, a nonprofit which supports children with educational, financial, and medical hardships through the Little Lighthouse Foundation’s volunteers and programming.
Photo by Brandon Marshall
Corona's Electric Beach: Dia de
losMuertos at Fifty at the Viceroy Hotel: "I've been on the road three years straight, but since May I've only been doing a couple shows a month giving myself time to lock myself in the recording studio." One of those rare shows will take place in Miami on November 1 for Corona's Electric Beach Dia De Los Muertos party, a free show at Brickell's Fifty Ultra Lounge featuring fellow DJ Brazzabelle.
Photo by Lisa Leone
- Black Violin at Gusman Concert Hall: With violins in hand, the South Florida-born duo (both attended Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale) do to hip-hop and classical music what Phil Jackson did to Shaq and Kobe — they make them work together. Kev Marcus plays the violin, and Wil B plays the slightly larger and deeper viola.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
Miami Beach, FL 33139