The best time of the week is finally here — the weekend — and Miami offers just about every activity. On the music front, you can catch Fall Out Boy at Hard Rock Live, Cocodrills at Space, the Beach Boys at Hard Rock Live, and Michael Brun at LIV. This Saturday, head to the Design District's Palm Court Plaza for the most Miami food-and-drink pairing ever: croquetas and champagne. End the weekend with an afternoon of chocolates and cocktails at Drinkhouse Fire & Ice.
Celebrate German Film this Friday.
Courtesy of Kareem Tabsch / O Cinema
- Celebration of German Film at O Cinema Miami Beach: O Cinema, along with the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Miami, will host the minifestival Celebration of German Film. “We’re highlighting films by some of our favorite contemporary German filmmakers, including Tom Twyker (Run Lola Run), Christian Petzold (Phoenix, Barbara), and Fatih Akin (Head-On, Soul Kitchen), as well as films by a lesser-known filmmaker Marco Kreuzpaintner,” explains Kareem Tabsch, owner and operator of O Cinema.
- Pairings at Ted’s at National YoungArts Foundation: The theater performance and meal will take place at Ted’s, the restaurant on the seventh floor of the YoungArts tower.
- Fashion Night on Brickell at Espírito Santo Building: The soiree will showcase duds from top designers at a red-carpet fashion show and party. Join celebrities, TV personalities, fashionistas, dignitaries, and Miami’s best and brightest for cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, glittering jewelry displays, music, and other fun.
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons CC
- Jefferson Starship at Magic City Casino: Jefferson Starship survived the mullets and thick black eyeliner of the '80s and is still rockin' today, nearly 50 years later. Looks like the big-haired bandmates always seem to "Find [Their] Way Back" to the music.
- Lunch Break, Made Extraordinary by Perrier at Heart Nightclub: What's better than free lunch? Leaving the office and crashing a midday dance party with DJ Penguin Prison while getting free lunch, of course. Perrier's Lunch Break is back. Going down at Heart Nightclub, the noon rager will include surprise performances, a signature cocktail by Perrier featuring Deep Eddy Vodka, and a bag lunch to take back to the office. And it's all free.
Fall Out Boy at Hard Rock Live: Though Fall Out Boy has come a long way since its Take This to Your Grave days, the Chi-Town band will forever be known as the group that started the emo-rock movement. But this week, the guys will be showing off their "Irresistible" rockish ways with Awolnation and
Pvrisduring their Wintour Is Coming gig at Hard Rock Live.
Jim Camacho is one of the artists who'll play Miami Rocks for Love.
Photo by Teajay Smith
- Miami Rocks for Love at Churchill's Pub: Party for a cause at Churchill's Miami Rocks for Love. It'll feature tuneage from DJ Carlos Menendez, Jim Camacho, Diane Ward, and other hometown heroes, plus the night's proceeds will benefit the Stephanie Whitener Love Heart Trust Fund, an organization that fights inequality by distributing funds for the education of underprivileged kids who have lost a parent.
- An Evening With Dick Tracy at the Olympia Theater: Dick Tracy is coming to town, and with him comes a helluva party. Saturday at the Olympia Theater, it’s time to celebrate the venue’s 90th birthday with a 35mm showing of Warren Beatty’s 1990 film.
What's better than croquetas and champagne?
Courtesy of SoBeWFF
Croquetas and Champagne at Palm Court Plaza - Miami Design District: They’ve finally done it. This is the most Miami food-and-drink pairing ever.
The 2016Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival adds an upscale twist to the traditional breaded and fried pastry stuffed with meats and gooey cheeses.
String Theory // Doors of Perception at the Citadel: Enjoy painted doors by some of Miami's
best emergingartists and also yarn-bomb your friends while you're at it. Doors of Perception challenges Miami's top artists to let their creativity flow by using a humble door, monolithically mounted within the cavernous space that played host to Miami Art Week's Superfine House of Art and Design.
- Cocodrills at Space: Kids have dreams, and we're all told to shoot for the stars, but the unfortunate reality is a lot of us get lost along the way. Well, the Cocodrills guys must have found some magic map, because they never wavered or wandered while reaching for the sky. After years of hard work and looking up, they finally landed in Space — and on the Terrace, no less.
- 9 Mile Music Festival at Virginia Key Beach Park: Get high — metaphorically speaking, of course — with the Marley family and some of reggae's finest at the 9 Mile Music Festival.
Courtesy of Infamous PR
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Michael Brun at LIV: Miami-based DJ and producer Michael Brun
hasbecome an international presence over the past five years via progressive house hits such as "See You Soon" and "Tongue Tied July."
- The Beach Boys at Hard Rock Live: In other news, John Stamos is officially old. Though we'll always see him as the hunky Uncle Jesse, Stamos will unleash his inner Beach Boy — and relive his younger days — at the group's gig at Hard Rock Live.
Pig Cook-Off at Hialeah Park: Ricky Valido may be all about that late-night honky-
tonk, but the one thing the 305 cowboy sure has lovefor is Hialeah. Born and raised in "La C iudadQ ueP rogresa," Valido — along with his band, the Hialeah Hillbillies — will rephis city at Hialeah Park's inaugural Pig Cook-Off. This pachanga isn't just about salsa line dancing, though — the roast will also include a cooking competition between police and fire departments from across Miami-Dade County in support of Alexander Tristan, a 2-year-old boy who's battling AML leukemia.
- A Deliciously Decadent Afternoon of Chocolate & Cocktails at Drinkhouse Fire & Ice: In a delightful combination of sweets and spirits, the folks behind the worldwide beverage consulting firm Cocktail Guru present A Deliciously Decadent Afternoon of Chocolate & Cocktails, hosted by James Beard Award-winning pastry chef, cookbook author, and TV personality Johnny Iuzzini.
Fat Rice x Broken Shaker BBQ at the Freehand: Drink, dance, mingle, and stuff yourself silly. It’s not every day you can enjoy two world-class smokers in one pit. Freehand chef Jimmy Lebron will represent the home
team,while chef Abraham Conlon will take the crowd on a mouthwatering journey to Southeast Asia as the two battle it out for the title of best barbecue.