The best time of the week is finally here: the weekend. Miami offers just about every activity this weekend. On the music front, you can catch Los Amigos Invisibles at The Fillmore, Nervo at Story, XYZA Label Cue at Concrete Beach Brewery, and Mark Knight at Story. You can also run a 5K at the Burger King Beach Run at Lummus Park or visit the Miami Broward Carnival at the Fair Expo Center. III Points at Mana Wynwood is also going on all weekend long too.
Here's a glimpse at what our city has to offer this weekend, so get up and get ready for another memorable, Miami-style weekend.
- Road to the Race at Concrete Beach Brewery: This year’s Road to the Race pre-party will happen Friday at Concrete Beach Brewery. You can support your favorite participating team by checking in under its name, and it’ll earn extra inches on race day. Expect beer specials, burger samples (a preview of race day, when there’ll be burger and beer pairings by Burger Time), and lots of trash-talking.
III Points at Mana Wynwood: The annual Wynwood-centric celebration of all things hip in the music, art, and technology worlds comes back to life this Friday through Sunday.
- Los Amigos Invisibles at The Fillmore: Back in 1998, Los Amigos Invisibles introduced the world to The New Sound of the Venezuelan Gozadera. This week, los músicos will be putting an acoustic spin to their "danceable Latin Funk" at the Fillmore Miami Beach thanks to their latest album, Acústico, which — as the name suggests — is an acoustic compilation of the band's greatest hits.
- Nervo at Story: Love took over when these hard hitters co-wrote David Guetta and Kelly Rowland's "When Love Takes Over" and won a Grammy for it. The girls proved how "Irresistible" they were and went on to write and produce their own top hits. If they don't "Hold On" tight enough, chances are they'll skyrocket their way to stardom.
- Burger King Beach Run at Lummus Park: Burger King wants you to put the “fast” in fast-food this Saturday at its fundraising 5K, the third-annual Burger King Beach Run. Maybe running about three miles isn’t exactly what comes to mind when you’re eating a whopper, but it’s certainly a great way to burn those extra calories and get your blood flowing.
- North Beach Salsa & Latin Music Festival at North Beach Bandshell: Salsa is the sultry, hot, and heavy beat of life on the dance floor. It is the joy and the pain, the intimacy and lust, the freedom of spontaneous invention, and the emotional turmoil of love, loss, and all that's great in being human.
- Puerto Rico Beat: The Music of Hector Lavoe at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: Colón will pick up the trombone to pay tribute to another of his heroes, Héctor Lavoe. Colón points out that if Lavoe hadn't passed away in 1993, he would have celebrated his 69th birthday the day of Colón's interview with New Times. "I always feel he's with me. I play his songs always, so on this night, we're going to play all the hits we played together and the songs I produced for him, like 'El Cantante' and 'Periódico de Ayer.'"
- Mark Knight at Story: With an all-star artist roster including the likes of Deadmau5, David Guetta, Dirty South, and Fatboy Slim, A&R man Mark Knight is the veritable pimp daddy of international dance music charts.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Miami Broward Carnival at Fair Expo Center: The festival will celebrate the culture, traditions, and art of the Caribbean through food, music, and performance. The carnival is open to families and children of all ages and will feature music from the Hispanic and Haitian communities, with a spotlight on Carnival and Caribbean sounds.