The Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
This could be you...
Photo by Alex Markow
The best time of the week is finally here — the weekend. And Miami offers everything from Travis Scott at Grand Central, Lil Jon at LIV, and Wynwood Brewing Company's second-anniversary block party. Here's just a glimpse at what our city has to offer this weekend, so get up and get ready for another memorable, Miami-style weekend.
Travis Scott at Grand Central: He growls. He flashes gold grills with fangs. He's Travi$ Scott. Signed to the production wing of Kanye West's GOOD Music, with credits on Cruel Summer and Yeezus, many consider this 23-year-old Houston rapper and studio pro to be 'Ye's protégé and possible heir.
- Culture Club with Howard Jones at Bayfront Park: He's frequently relegated to classic-rock radio these days, but Jones' creative instincts are still vibrant thanks to his determination to reinvent and reconstruct his musical inventory in ways that lead to new challenges and achievements.
Photo by Tyler Clinton
Lil Jon at LIV: Despite his inconsistent output of songs (OK!), despite his repetitive shouts and interruptions (Yeah!), despite even his rhetorical questions and exclamations (What?!), Lil Jon has remained a relevant figure in music for 15 years.
- UZ at Space: The mysterious masked producer remains the undeniable king of the dancefloor movement, mostly because he doesn't identify with the rest of the "scene." His new EP, Frontier, is just a warmup for a debut album he promises will be his "best work."
Wynwood Brewing Company second-anniversary block party at Wynwood Brewing Company: To celebrate two years of tasty craft beer with an artistic twist, WBC will once again take over the streets with a second-anniversary block party, just in time to promote the August 24 release of bottles of two of its most popular beers, La Rubia and Pop’s Porter.
- FEAST Miami at Locust Projects: FEAST dinners aren’t simply about food — during the meal, five panelists present preselected proposals for artistic projects that, like the meal itself, are sustainable and have a positive impact on the community.
Photo by Maddy Campion
SNBRN at Grand Central: SNBRN is a prime example of the bedroom producer turned touring goliath.
- Sublime with Rome at Bayfront Park: The dudes just dropped their sophomore album, Sirens, and are burnin' it up on their U.S. tour, which brings the SoCal bros to the 305 this week.
Photo by Colleen Green
- Sunday Social Rooftop Pool Party at Congress Hotel: You’ll groove to the house tunes of Jeremy Ismael, Donnie Lowe, Dan Carraway, Xpans, John Viera, and Brock Lambert until the sun goes down.
Colleen Green at Gramps: In her latest LP, I Want to Grow Up, Green reflects on the millennial struggle of being broke and single and, well, growing up.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.