The Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
This could be you...
Photo by Chris Carter
The best time of the week is finally here — the weekend. And Miami offers everything from a yoga social at Whiskey Blue, the Mad Decent Block Party at Revolution, and Jessie Andrews spinning at Bardot. Here's just a glimpse at what our city has to offer this weekend, so get up and get ready for another memorable, Miami-style weekend.
- Once in a Blue Moon Yoga Social at Whiskey Blue: This Friday, Cristal Gould — who now serves as an ambassador of Lululemon — is bringing the Once in a Blue Moon Yoga Social to the W Hotel for a night of moonlight yoga, live art with artists Anya Nadal and Kris McDermott, live music with Vasilios Tryphonas II, seasonal brew by local kombucha masters Kombulicious, and mingling poolside.
Photo by Danny Clinch
- Dave Matthews Band at Perfect Vodka Amphitheatre: Not only is every show different, but every song is played differently. There’s a reason DMB has put out more live albums than studio albums.
- Justin Martin at Trade: Martin began working on his follow-up LP, Hello Clouds, in early 2014. It's destined to be funky, but it's more conceptual too.
- Alesso at Story: The northern European kingdom of Sweden is experiencing a groundswell of bass drops and bleep-bloops, the result of electronic dance music's worldwide takeover. And riding shotgun on the revolutionary journey is 2014's 15th best DJ, Alesso.
Courtesy Fearless 5K
- Free & Fearless 5K at miArte Gallery: Get gussied up, sip cocktails, and buy exquisite art — all to help those seriously in need. And count your blessings while you’re at it because life is pretty sweet in our neck of the world.
Photo by Willy T.
- Mad Decent Block Party at Revolution Live: At 36, Diplo still leads his Mad Decent record label and is involved in two collaborative projects — Major Lazer and Jack Ü. That's, of course, when he's not busy DJing at nightclubs and festivals around the world.
- Chayanne at American Airlines Arena: Abuelitas, chongitas y mujeres muy ricas will all be in a state of seduction as soon as baby-faced Latin pop star Chayanne takes the stage Saturday night at the American Airlines Arena.
- Jessie Andrews at Bardot: She's a lean, mean, beat-murdering machine, and it takes only one live demonstration to be hooked for life.
- Marina Gonella at O Cinema Wynwood: A collaboration between the theater and ArtCenter/South Florida, the show reflects Gonella’s point of view on her daily commute.
Courtesy of Little Haiti Cultural Center
- African Diaspora Dance & Drum Festival of Florida at Little Haiti Cultural Center:This year’s edition, titled “It Takes a Village: Keeping Our Community in Unity,” is a tribute to the far-too-many victims of gun violence.
- Two& Year Two at Two&: Two&, the bike shop/beer and wine bar/antique shop in Fort Lauderdale, has achieved the first important milestone: a one-year anniversary. This year, the place was even named New Times’ Best Bicycle Shop. To mark the occasion, husband-and-wife owners Elmo and Zoe Love are throwing a first-anniversary party for Two& on Sunday.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.