The best time of the week is finally here — the weekend. And Miami offers everything from Joe Jonas spinning at Mansion, Ariana Grande belting it out at the BB&T Center, and hardcore beats and booze at Chocolate Sundays. Put on your party pants and get ready for another memorable, Miami-style weekend.
- "Green Machine: The Art of Carlos Luna" at the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum: Contemporary Cuban artist Carlos Luna presents “Green Machine,” a multidisciplinary exhibition featuring more than 120 works, most shown for the first time and some created in new mediums with which the artist has experimented.
Joe Jonas makes his Miami debut as a DJ.
Photo by Patrick Ecclesine
- Joe Jonas at Mansion: From singing with the Jonas Brothers and starring in Disney Channel's 2009 series Jonas to spinning at a flashy club near you, Joe Jonas has shed his Mickey Mouse ears and become DJ Danger. His nickname may be all laughs, but Joe's step into the world of disc jockeying is no joke. And this Friday, DJ Joe Jonas will make his Magic City debut behind the decks at Mansion.
- Minimal at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: One of the best indie, electropop Latin bands is about to hit South Florida's music scene to celebrate the release of their latest album, Fauna.
Courtesy of Alejo Angee
- Michael Brun at Story: Haiti-born, Miami-based Michael Brun is an emerging international EDM powerhouse. And with his own freshly minted independent record label, Kid Coconut, he's determined to further integrate his Caribbean homeland's roots into the international tapestry of electronic dance music.
- Museum of Fashion - Givenchy and Ungaro at Museum of Fashion: Keni Valenti unveils his newest show, "Monsieur et Monsieur" a conversation on two french gentlemen, Givenchy and Ungaro - showcasing vintage and couture pieces by the designers.
- Camila at James L. Knight Center: With its very first album, this trio from Mexico City took the Latin pop world by storm, laying siege to radio.
Photo by Marta Xochilt Perez
- Ariana Grande at BB&T Center: Broward County native, former Nickelodeon star, and breakout pop diva Ariana Grande is all grown up and ruling the pop world.
- Green Velvet at Story: In true space-age, dance music-weirdness style, Green Velvet was birthed as the alter ego of an alter ego: that of Cajmere, AKA Curtis Alan Jones, a reigning house music artist of the late Eighties/early Nineties.
- Lazy BrunchBBQ at Canvas: Kick back and enjoy your Sunday for our third LazyBrunchBBQ series with Emily Sheila and Brendan O’Hara. Delicious barbecue courtesy of Coyo Taco, and boozy, garden inspired sips created by the Airstream Apothecary featuring Beck's Beer, Deep Eddy Vodka cocktails, and Islamorada Beer Co. brews samplings.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!