The Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend
Working for the weekend
Photo by Chris Carter
The weekend is finally here, and this weekend Miami offers up live poetry, music, a Steven Spielberg retrospective and more. Plus this is great week for Miami's geek scene: Supercon is back for a cosplay filled weekend. So get out there, put on your best Game of Thrones costume, and enjoy your weekend Miami. You've earned it.
- The Asia Project at Miracle Theatre: The award-winning show featuring writer and poet Asia Samson partners with the local storytelling series, Lip Service.
- Blood, Sweat, and Mouseketears at The Cabaret South Beach: Lindsey Alley, who was one of only three cast members to appear in Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club pilot episode and all seven seasons of the show, puts a modern-day and risqué twist on Disney classics.
Supercon at Miami Beach Convention Center: The celebration of all things geeky runs all weekend.
Courtesy of Capital Cities
- Capital Cities at Fontainebleau Miami Beach: You likely know the duo's big hit "Safe and Sound” from that Mazda commercial.
- FIU Media Arts Festival at LAB Miami: The digital arts festival will showcase some of the most promising new visual media from Miami, from students and faculty to community members.
- Close Encounters with Steven Spielberg at O Cinema Miami Beach: Nothing says "summer blockbuster" like a Spielberg classic. O Cinema honors the familiar filmmaker with a retrospective throughout the weekend.&
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.