The weekend is finally here, and this weekend Miami offers up live poetry, music, a Steven Spielberg retrospective and more. Plus this is great week for Miami's geek scene: Supercon is back for a cosplay filled weekend. So get out there, put on your best Game of Thrones costume, and enjoy your weekend Miami. You've earned it.
- The Asia Project at Miracle Theatre: The award-winning show featuring writer and poet Asia Samson partners with the local storytelling series, Lip Service.
- Blood, Sweat, and Mouseketears at The Cabaret South Beach: Lindsey Alley, who was one of only three cast members to appear in Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club pilot episode and all seven seasons of the show, puts a modern-day and risqué twist on Disney classics.
Supercon at Miami Beach Convention Center: The celebration of all things geeky runs all weekend.
Courtesy of Capital Cities
- Capital Cities at Fontainebleau Miami Beach: You likely know the duo's big hit "Safe and Sound” from that Mazda commercial.
- FIU Media Arts Festival at LAB Miami: The digital arts festival will showcase some of the most promising new visual media from Miami, from students and faculty to community members.
- Close Encounters with Steven Spielberg at O Cinema Miami Beach: Nothing says "summer blockbuster" like a Spielberg classic. O Cinema honors the familiar filmmaker with a retrospective throughout the weekend.&
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!